“Exactly what we needed”

Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Quite exceptional Residence Inn. Close by to Grapevine Mills and the airport as well as the Gaylord convention center. Property looks fairly new. Pool and gym are decent sized. Rooms are large and well appointed. They have room service which worked for us as well as a surpisingly nice bar/restaurant downstairs. Overall it exceeded my expectations and would surely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 6, 2011

We stayed here for two nights. The hotel itself was really nice and clean. We booked a 1 bedroom king for a family of four. The room was a little smaller than expected, and there were only enough towels for two people. My husband went down to the front desk and was given more bath towels immediately, but they did not have enough wash cloths available, apparently they were being washed! My kids loved the pool it was never crowded, towels were provided at the entrance. The gym was small but excellent has everything you need for a great workout. The free breakfast was delicious and plentiful. The only issue I had with the hotel was when we asked for information about transportation into Dallas, the front desk staff did not have a clue. The did not even try to assist us. The hotel shuttle provided complimentary rides within a five mile radius. Aside from offering to call us a 52 dollar taxi they did or knew nothing to assist us. Finally the shuttle driver overheard us and went out of his way making calls and printing off information online to try to assist us. In the end we had him drop us back to the airport where we ended up renting a car for the day. We did not want to rent a car to begin with because we are a military family and were in town to pick up our car on Monday that we had shipped from overseas.
There is lots of free parking. If you do not have a car do not stay here because there is no public transportation available to Dallas from this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2011

This is a somewhat typical Residence Inn...each room is like a studio apartment, with a semi-separate kitchen area and semi-separate "living room" area. I noted the room to be very clean and fairly new-looking. The hotel is 10 minutes or less from Dallas-Ft Worth airport and a free shuttle van will come pick you up. You might have to wait 15 or 20 minutes, though -- but the alternative is a $24 taxi fare. The bed was comfortable; views are nothing to get excited about; TV was a decent flat screen though the satellite periodicaly went out during the rain. As many Residence Inns do, this place offers a free breakfast in the morning with the usual fare (eggs, bacon, potatoes, sausage, various breads, muffins, fruit, juice, coffee, etc). On Thursdays and Sundays, they also offer a couple of complimentary drinks and free food of some sort -- appetizers, mainly. The hotel is across a parking lot from a Fudrucker's restaurant and several other restaurants are in the close vicinity. Not much else is walking distance, but most people who stay here are likely headed someplace else by cab or shuttle. I wouldn't choose this hotel for leisure but if you need a place relatively close to the airport (about 7-8 miles), this isn't a bad choice. There may be some more upscale places very close to the airport, but likely more expensive.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2011

We were inpressed with the facility and enjoyed our stay. We got to know several of the staff by name during the stay and had absolutely NO complaints till after we checked out. Two days after our checkout we were billed $250.00 on credit card with no explanation. I called the business and politely asked if I could have the charges explained to me. I was transferred to an employee (with no name) who was rude with me from hello. She started by saying "You know what the charges is for and I do not want to hear your argument, I have heard it all before". I insisted on the reason for the charge and was told that it was because we smoked in our room. The staff member continued to be rude and informed me "I have heard it all before, thats what they all say" when I explained that we did not smoke in our room. We spent half our time there outside in the beautiful weather smoking in the smoking area. I feel that this is a scam and that customers should beware due to the fact the hotel does not have to produce ANY proof in order to charge you the fee.

I was planning on staying at this location repeatedly in the future but will NOT ever stay there again after this charge topped by the unbelievably rude employee!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Thetowerguy
Reviewed December 11, 2010

I always have a great stay at the Residence Inn. This particular one has King suites with a queen sofa bed. The rooms are modern but noy flat screen TV. My son is autistic and is very picky about where we stay. He loved the room and had no problem sleeping on the sofa sleeper. This means the hotel passed the clean test.
The front desk employees were friendly and efficient. We used the shuttle for transportation to and from the cheer competition we were participating in. That worked out perfectly for us on Saturday but not so well on Sunday. The shuttle only runs every 30 minutes on Sunday and my husband and son missed the competition on that day.
The breakfast was great. They had real sausage and not that microwave junk. There was whip cream and chocolate chips for the Texas waffles. My children loved those extra toppings.
The Internet and parking was free. This is very important to a family that travels with 5 laptops.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank HoneyBunny2001
Reviewed October 18, 2010

This hotel was the most unprofessional, rudest staff I have ever met! I travel alot and I am a Marriott rewards card holder, but now am thinking I will be switching to Hilton Honors after this horrific stay. This hotel is very plain and the pics on the website are nothing like it looks like in person. The shuttle driver was incredably rude, and the General Manager charged my credit card that was on file $740.00!!!! My rate was suppossed to be $72.00 plus tax! This is illegle and fraud just in case you do not know! No one should ever pay more than $70.00 to stay at this property. IT is a rip off, and nothing more then a over priced Motel 6. They advertise the restraunt to open daily, it wasn't , tried to call front desk serveral times with no answer, and the room smelled like dog pee when we arrived.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank highwayMan_10
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 2 reasons: I had a training seminar at the hotel and it was Grapefest in Grapevine! We drove up from Houston, the desk clerk greeted us promptly and within 10 minutes we were in our room. We stayed two nights and enjoyed two lovely, complimentary breakfasts each morning. While at my seminar, my husband walked across the parking lot to a huge Bass Pro Shop and later that night we crossed the street and went to Grapevine Mills mall and saw a movie at the theater. Our room was clean & quiet with wonderful room darkening drapes. I would certainly stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business