WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine

Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Wow! Upscale at very reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We normally stay at one of the premium motels such as Courtyard, Holiday Inn Express and Hyatt Place. This place was on par with these at $50 less!! Rooms are very nicely appointed with modern comfortable colors and large shower/bath tub. Our suite had a large sofa and chair with plenty of room on the desk for computers and LOT's of power outlets. Free wifi was plenty fast for browsing and checking email at about 3 mbps even at peak hours. Did I mention the people? They're obviously well-trained in how to make a client feel at home and went out of their way to accommodate us.

We're retired and very frequent traveler's. If this is the new standard for Comfort Suites we'll be giving them a serious look at all our travel stops. We travel to this area several times each year and we hope to be back here often!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sailright
Michael W, General Manager at Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear guest,
First of all, I would like to personally thank you for staying with us. Stepping outside your comfort zone can sometimes be unsettling, but I'm glad you gave us a try and now see the benefits of your actions. Secondly, you have verbalized a central theme that all Comfort Suites pride themselves on: value. By providing suite-style rooms with a free hot breakfast and free wifi, all Comfort Suites have established a more refined meaning of the word "value". Lastly, We feel blessed to have been the Comfort Suites to welcome you into the family and we will continue to provide our guests with what you state makes us unique: excellent customer service. We thank you again for staying with us and look forward to accommodating you in the future.
Michael Wranosky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed here recently for work and was pleasantly surprised by what we found once we arrived! This hotel is very close to the airport, about a 15 minute drive. The shuttle service was amazing! They were very accommodating to our group, complimentary pickup and drop off for the airport, the outlet mall nearby, and they even took us to local restaurants for dinner---saving lots of fees on cabs---which were glad to provide back in thank you gratuity to our drivers! They were very friendly and knowledgeable about the local area. The rooms are very spacious, the beds were comfortable--no bed bugs in my room--but I did check after seeing a recent review! My room was super clean, and the bathtub was large enough for 4 people. There was a great sitting area with bar for comfortable evenings! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cizzle123
Michael W, General Manager at Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. Your kind words encourage potential guests to stay with us and remind us as a staff of the key components that make us successful. We will continue to serve you and all of our guests with the same degree of excellence, cleanliness, and expediency you experienced throughout your stay. Additionally, I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Grand Prairie, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at this location last year for our anniversary and decided to stay there again this year. Big mistake!!!! I keep waking up thinking I was being bite by something...well sure enough I was. The room had bed bugs. I took one of the dead little soldiers down to the front desk so we could be moved to a different room. The manager on duty told the front desk to move us and spray the room. No, apologize or even eye contact made with me. I was then told they would credit the room but send me a check. I was beside myself at this point considing I have 6 fresh bed bug bites and it was my anniversary. They did move our room and I requested fresh linens and the room be sprayed before we moved in. Since I took personal pillows I did request them to wash them…not wanting to take our new not so nice “friends” home with us. We always receive a survey after staying at the hotel. We responded and the General Manager responded that the pest control company had inspected the room and it was beetles not bed bugs. Funny thing is that the maintenance people are the one that came and sprayed both rooms and they never saw the bug I took to the front desk. And Beetles do not bite.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank myra m
csgrapevine, Manager at Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Again, I apologize to this guest. The situation could have been handled better by the Guest Service Agents and the manager on duty. I have taken the opportunity to retrain and reinforce training when dealing with this type of situation. I also have to say that I got some information wrong regarding room numbers and the problem . The room in question was taken out of order immediately as were several others in the same floor. The pest control service inspected several rooms on the Monday following incident. Several rooms were treated for other insects; however, the room in question has been treated for the problem described. The room will not be placed back in service until the situation has been resolved.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our problems with this hotel started from the minute we walked in the door to our room. The room had a slight, funny odor, but we let that slide.

We woke up at midnight to a hot, humid room and realized our a/c had died. It would not come back on and was climbing to 80 degrees in the room. Called the front desk and they were rude and argumentative. Finally told us to come to the front desk to exchange for another room, so we got dressed and packed and headed down.

No apology, not even a hello when we arrived at the desk. Just a room key and as we were walking away he said it was a queen bed and the only room left. We had a king size so this was a downgrade.

The wifi would not work for more than a couple of minutes without going offline for several the whole weekend as well.

The huge slap in the face came when we got home and realized they had recharged us for the room downgrade AND recharged us for our room AND recharged us a random fee! We had prepaid through Expedia. We have been battling them to remove the charges as they admitted they were in error and as soon as we were credited, yet another set has popped up on our account!

Called customer service for the fourth day in a row and they now say the same thing about correcting the problem, we just pray that another charge doesn't pop up as soon as they correct these!!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Krissyk2008
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was in Dallas recently for company training and was glad I stayed at this comfort suites. I had been exposed to this particular hotel last year when some colleagues stayed here and I was somewhere else (and much more expensive). The room was comfortably large (I had and prefer 2 double beds so I have somewhere to dump my stuff when I come into the room), the bathroom was huge with a bathtub the size of a hot tub. And overall everything was very clean. The front desk even received a couple of packages I had shipped to the hotel. The only downside was the breakfast: the food was ok, with some healthy choices (cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, fruit) along with the usual fatty choices (eggs, bacon, some kind of gravy); the orange juice was watered down though and the whole thing was served on styrofoam plates/bowls and plastic cutlery...but then again you get what you pay for I guess...oh ya, and not a bottle opener to be found anywhere in the hotel - a bit disappointing when you just want to grab a beer in your room...(had to grab one from the gas station across the parking lot).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mjuliennow
Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Very clean rooms, comfy beds. Breakfast was pretty good. Only issue I had was nobody was at the front desk when trying to check out. Nowhere to be found. Would stay again if in the area.

Thanks!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. As you pointed out, cleanliness and comfort are crucial to our success, however, customer service is equally vital. Thus, I will continue to stress to my staff the importance of their constant presence at the front desk. This will provide our guests with the proper farewell they deserve to further enrich their travels. Nonetheless, it is rewarding for me to hear that you will try us again and I sincerely thank you for staying with us.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

Came in for a convention at the Gaylord, nearby. The shuttle service picked me up from the airport and took me to and from the convention. Very handy. Runs every hour and also on request.
The room was comfortable, checkin was like lighting, and the breakfast in the morning was quite nice.
This hotel had everything I needed. Very nice for a quick 2-day business trip. I liked it a lot and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business