“Wow”
Review of Cozymel's - CLOSED

Cozymel's
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This place has gone downhill, big time. Use to have pretty good food. My whole family got sick after eating here the other day. I was asked how I wanted my carne asada cooked - I ordered well-done - it was completely raw inside, barely touched the grill. I had blood all over my plate mixing with my sides - disgusting! For the love of God don't go!!

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I can't discourage people from eating here enough. The food was horrible and made us all sick. My daughter ordered nachos that came out with funky tasting mozzarella cheese on top. Who uses mozzarella on nachos, first of all? Second, if you must use the wrong cheese make sure it doesn't taste manky. We sent them back and they brought out new chips that looked like they were made out of graham crackers and canned beans. I ordered The Baja shrimp tacos and they had more mozzarella (why?) and the tiniest portions of shrimp and avocado I have ever seen. My son's tacos were greasy and the rice was oily. The food was so bad it was hysterically bad. The jokes we told about the food made the $50 check a little easier to handle

1  Thank LisaSW1973
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've been to this restaurant several times and the food gets better every time. The drinks are pretty cool as well.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Location was near the Embassy Suites so it was convenient. Service was marginal at best. The food was terrible. My wife had chicken enchiladas and the tortillas were so tough she couldn't eat them. My dish was only slightly better and tasteless.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We met with our nephew for lunch here. The service was good, the portion size was large for a lunch portion, but the price reflects the larger portion. Many lunch plates are closer to the $7 range than the $9. We were there early for lunch right after they opened. Not many diners at the time. Service was good, my glass of tea was refilled often. The Brisket Chimi was very good, the sauce had a nice smokey flavor. The Frozen Margarita was very good, and reasonably priced. The salsa was sweet, not much heat if any, This is great if you don't like spicy salsa with your tortilla chips. I would not rank this as one of my favorite restaurants, but I would not tell you pass it by either. Just be prepared that while the lunch menu is higher than the restaurants I usually frequent (my favorite restaurants), you do get plenty for the price.