“Popular, but not sure why”
Review of Baja Mexican Grill

Baja Mexican Grill
Ranked #64 of 240 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Southlake, Texas
“Popular, but not sure why”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I remember first going here 7 years ago when it was more of a "hole-in-the-wall", but that is no longer the case. Thur-Sat. nights you can expect a wait, which somewhat confuses me. Let's start with their chips & salsa. To me, this is a big indicator of a restaurant's food quality. The chips are bland and stale and I've gotten a better 'kick' out of ketchup than their hot sauce. I ordered the fajitas, which were OK, but not steaming on the platter like most Mexican places. The margaritas are strong, but for the price, they oughta be! If you're just looking for somewhere different it'll do, but I doubt you'll find it to be your favorite spot.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank ClarkWGriswaldJr

Grapevine, Texas
“practically live there”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

piggy size nachos are awesome, and queso is off the chain

Visited June 2012
Texas
“Not impressed.”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I was not impressed by the Baja Mexican Grill. I read several reviews on Trip Advisor that it was inexpensive, casual and family friendly, and it delivered on those points. The food and service, however, were just plain average at best. We ordered three different entrees, and they were all just okay. I was a bit surprised when we ordered soft drinks and the server brought us cans of Coke to pour our own. Ditto with butter for the tortillas - we were given little containers of Country Crock. I think we will pass on making a return trip.

• Visited May 2012
Ft. Worth, TX
“Good Mexican food”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I've been to Baja a few times for lunch and have only had items off of their lunch menu. I've tried the chicken quesadilla $6.99 (delicious!), the steak tacos al carbon $7.99 (steak was slightly tough) and the chicken flautas $7.99 (delicious & a lot of food!). My hubby orders the #1 lunch plate $6.99 (beef enchilada, cheese enchilada and crispy beef taco) and it looked so good that I tried a few bites myself--it was also yummy and you should have seen the amount of food that came with this #1 plate. I've never had the margaritas so I can't comment on them. Service has ranged from excellent to "so so"--I've only been there on weekday afternoons. My husband tried to go on a Friday night recently and was advised it would be a 2-hour wait, but ended up getting a table outside without waiting too long. Overall, would recommend.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Tina1411
McKinney, Texas
“Margaritas”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

They used to be very good and strong. A few months back they "had to make them using less alcohol". Now they taste watered down. Nothing like they used to be. All for the same high price. Chips and salsa are good, but food - not so much.

• Visited March 2012