Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Junction City, Kansas
“Two day visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

A quality no frills hotel at a reasonable cost. The room was clean and everything worked. The staff was capable and friendly. They went out of their way to assist us with luggage issues. The staff was excellent. There was coffee in the room and a hot breakfast. I don't understand why there are any negative reviews of this hotel.

1 Thank Greg F
Frank A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I will share your comments with the staff. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope you come back to see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Pros:
Hotel was clean
Staff was friendly

Cons:
TV in my room didn't work, had to be moved to new room
TVs in both rooms were small, old, and outdated. (19" tube TV).
Curtains ripped / falling apart
Bathroom was very outdated--fiberglass shower from the 80's.
Window in my room would not close without excessive force and rattling it into place.

They did say that they have new TVs on order but both rooms had the old ones and I'm surprised that they haven't upgraded before now.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations and the trouble you encountered with the first room. I will forward your "pros" about our friendly staff and the cleanliness of the rooms to my team. As we work to improve the items you noted, we strive to continue our success as being both clean and friendly for all of our guests.
Dickinson, Texas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We paid $90 for two queen beds and for the price, it's suited us just fine. The staff was very accommodating and switched us to a new room after our initial room didn't have a working A/C unit, the TV would not work properly and the bathroom door wouldn't lock. The new room had no problems at all.

• 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review, we sincerely apprecaite you taking the time to share your experience. While it sounds like you had a rough start to your stay, I'm thrilled to see that my team was able to solve the problem quickly to ensure we met your standards. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Not sure why all the positive reviews for this Fairfield, unless we just got the last room to be updated. I stay at various Marriotts more than 90 days out of the year, and this was the worst of the year so far. Lamp cord was short circuiting, carpet was worn and dirty, tub was a throwback to the early 80s, laminate coating on the bathroom door was torn off in strips, as if by a dog, work desk was tiny, and the TV was a small 24" tube TV with an old worn out remote. Service was fine, but our room, for the price, was not acceptable.

Room Tip: Very hard going with all of the road construction. Stay on the northbound service road from Bass Pr...
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you! We appreciate you taking the time to tell of your experience with us. We will be checking all the cords and fixtures in each room to ensure the issue is corrected. I would like to thank you for the "Room Tip" about our convenient location. The construction between the airport and us has greatly improved the past few weeks. New highway ramps and a number of new lanes have opened up making the short commute between our hotel and the DFW airport easier than ever.
Hewitt, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We make an annual trip to this area. First time at this hotel. Amir and staff were very friendly. Our first room had a glitch. They moved us with a smile. Pay the extra $ for the suite. Worth it to have sitting area. Good breakfast. Outside pool received good marks from kids.

Room Tip: If you are on top floors ask for back side of building.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the added comfort of the living room in one of our suites. The suites are a big hit among guests as the provide the convenience of a sitting area and a separate bedroom for privacy. The outdoor pool is always a hit with guests of all ages, it's a great place to beat the summer heat and BBQ at our grill on a warm night.
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Everything about this hotel was excellent. Devon at the front desk was very helpful with directions and assistance. The breakfast attendant (sorry, didn't get her name) was great. I have never seen anyone work so hard to keep everything stocked. The room was nice and clean. Overall, excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your kind words. Directions are our specialty. Being centrally located near the DFW Airport and the Gaylord Texan Convention Center, our staff has become experts on dining and shopping recommendations and providing turn by turn directions making it simple and easy to get around during your stay. Our breakfast staff takes great pride in their work and ensuring that breakfast looks and tastes the same for the first guest of the day, the last guest, and everyone in between. We are honored to have you stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

The hotel staff was very unorganized. I was trying to check in at 4:00 pm with my two children. I was waiting for 20 mins and I was the only one needing to check in. Finally got my room. Elevator was not working at that moment. Had to use stairs. Get to my room to find it not cleaned. They put me in a room the maid had not cleaned yet. I was upset. Called the front desk. They said give them 5 mins and they would clean it. I went down stairs to check out because I couldn't wait I had to be somewhere. The guy at front desk said sorry bye. Then asst manager made it right gave me free night and got me different room. Bed was very hard. Curtains were ripped. Room not cold enough. Asst manager was very nice!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your story. I apologize we were unable to exceed your expectations. We conveniently have two elevators on property to ensure that our guests never have to carry their luggage up or down the stairs. I'm glad to see that our Assistant Manager as able to correct the situation and provide you a different room for the evening. I hope you enjoyed your time in Grapevine and come back to stay with us again.