“They did everything right!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Edmonton, Canada
“They did everything right!”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I love this hotel. The nicest people work here. I called the hotel a few times before my arrival just to check on things (ex. If you book online it looks like you’ll get charged for your full stay even if you check out early, but they don’t really do that) and each time I called, the person who answered was pleasant and helpful. I checked on their shuttle to see if it could take me to work and that was no problem at all, just need to book it in advance (anywhere in a 5 mile radius). In total, I dealt with five different front desk staff during my stay and each of them was friendly and helpful. I booked five nights, but had to fly back after four nights. The nice shuttle driver took me to work some days and to the airport. Breakfast is yogurt, cereals, instant oatmeal, bagels, waffles and a breakfast sandwich. Nothing fancy, but it’s all I need in the morning. My room was clean (believe me, I checked). I came home one night during a thunder storm and didn’t want to go out for dinner so I was thankful for the selection of foods for sale in the lobby. There are frozen dinners ($5), frozen mini pizzas ($2), chips, nuts, Hagen Daaz ice cream, all at very good prices. No one is trying to gouge you here and that was very much appreciated. Everything worked in my room including the wi-fi. I could hear the highway noise, but I just turned the fan on low and the steady hum of it blocked out everything else. When I got home, I realized I had left something in my room. I called the hotel and they Fed-Exed it to me. If you have any questions about this hotel, just call them and they’ll tell you anything you want to know. The only negative that I encountered was that the face cloths and towels are a bit rough. And if that's the worst I can come up with, this place is pretty sweet. Also, the fresh fruit and fresh baked cookies in the lobby mid-morning was a nice touch.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MSetter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Due to over-booking we were actually “bumped” from a deluxe 2 bedroom suite in another hotel and as a consolation they moved us to complementary room in the Fairfield. It was really average. The staff was nice. Our “suite” was just a room with a small frig and microwave. The frig was set so low it froze my dinner “doggy bag” and the bottles of coke we had stored there – but that kind of thing can happen anywhere. One warning, they have some sort of environmentally friendly heater/air conditioning system that apparently measures the outside temperature to help determine when to work. It really sucked. Both of us baked all night long even though the air conditioner was set on 66 degrees.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 4, 2012

The hotel was very nice. Clean, always had coffee and fruit, etc. But it is not easy to find. The address they show is wrong - and the gentleman at the front desk confirmed it. It's on Enchanted Way, not Highway 121. Put that address in your nav and end up in the wrong part of town.

Take 635 to Bass Pro Shops Drive and get off there.

Do that and it will make the difference between this being an excellent Fairfield - and one that has to dig deep from the hole they dig themselves before you get there.

Why they would use the wrong address - and tell you it's wrong - is beyond me.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
knox city, tx
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The room was good size. Everything very clean. Staff was very friendly and breakfast was good. It was close to highway and airplane route but the noise was not noticeable due to the fact that the room had the old style ac units. I like these units instead of central ac because you can set it where the air will blow the whole time thus drowning out the outside noise. Still keeps you comfortable. Only drawback would be the small older style TV. But everything else was great plus it wasn't crowded.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
md
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed here during our house hunting trip and subsequent relocation! It is a fairly new and well maintained property. The breakfast each morning is fabulous and the surrounding area has a ton of choices for lunch and dinner. The airport shuttle is great - will take you or pick you up. It's in a great location for many surrounding areas for relo purposes - Coppell, Southlake, Colleyville. The only thing to be aware of is the planes flying over head. As I like to say, nowhere near as loud as some high end resorts in Jamaica, but something that takes a little getting used to! It won't keep you awake at night though, and that's what counts!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 20, 2012

This hotel is evidence that you don't need to settle for so little for paying so much. From the complimentary shuttle from the airport, a lovely welcome note with snacks from management, free continental breakfast, free wi-fi, and a mini-market for things you've forgotten at home without charging you an arm and a leg - this hotel has everything you need. The amenities are more than sufficient, the staff are attentive and hospitable and no additional bells and whistles are necessary to show me, the customer, that they truly value my business. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the freeway
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Cordova, Tennessee
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Clean and convenient. Nice area. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Good continental breakfast. Excellent maid service. No worries about coming here!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends