“Brand new hotel but lighting in the rooms is not good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Grapevine

Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Grapevine
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Brand new hotel but lighting in the rooms is not good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stayed for one night due to an early flight. It is tucked away from the road and is a little hard to find. Close to Bass pro and grapevine mills. The lighting in my room was very bad. The are some overhead lights over the bed and two lamps. It made it very hard to work. The internet was a bit slow and I payed the extra $4.95 which was about the same speed

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Howell, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Brand new hotel that is also connected to a Fairfield Inn. Building has three entrances that are not marked. I walked into first and it was meeting area. Back in car and drove to next set of doors. Nope it was the Fairfield so it was finally the Courtyard at door #3 Monty Hall. Desk agent was overwhelmed with an issue for another traveler trying to check out. 10-12 minutes later it was my turn. I asked for the pool location and he tells me it is closed due to weather. 68 degrees and a drizzle??? Manager finally arrives and he tells me the pool has not been inspected by health department so it was closed and whirlpool. I tell him I called yesterday and they said it was open. Room was tight but very nice. Lobby was superb. Jacuzzi in room would not drain

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

This place has the slowest internet I have ever encountered. In order to work online with my office through Citrix, I need a fast connection. They advertise free internet so I selected the free version. It took forever to log in and once in, I was dropped literally once every 60 seconds. I had no choice but to keep trying. I tried to use the hard wire option but (a) it was not plugged into the wall so I had to crawl under the desk to plug it in and (b) only to discover that it was a dead outlet. I went down to the front desk to talk to the manager. He contended that the internet was plenty fast and that the hard wire option should work but he would look into it. I returned to my room never to hear from him again. I left the hotel at 11 a.m. on day two and when I returned at around 10 p.m. I bought the $4.95 upgrade. No improvement. On the morning of day three I again went to talk to the manager - a different guy this time. He apologized and said he would take it off my bill and he would personally come test the speed in my room. I returned to my room. He never showed up; never followed up; I never heard from him again. And the $4.95 charge was NOT removed from my bill. I paid it without noticing. The hotel room was spacious and nicely appointed. The desk area should be the best lit area of the room. It was pitch black dark. Really stupid. The shower handle on the side instead of under the shower head was cool, but I then discovered it was much easier to accidentally bump and either freeze yourself or burn yourself. Not so cool anymore. I need a hotel room where I can get work done and get a nice shower and sleep. This place hit one out of three, only.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Marshall, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard for training during the week. It was a great hotel, everything that you needed without having to go out. The room was very large and had lots of plugs for the laptop, pad, and phone. The staff was nice and went out of their way to speak. The food was tasty. I really enjoyed my stay and will go back in the future.

Room Tip: Make sure there are plenty of plugs.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

This courtyard had just opened for a month when I stayed there. Everything was brand new and the service was very good. However, it is a little hard to find even by a local cab driver! Generally speaking, I had a good stay with very comfortable rooms and a very courteous staff.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Manuel R
Electra, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

This hotel had only been open for four weeks when I stayed there. It was absolutely beautiful in the lobby and very friendly service. My complaint was I got charged $40 extra for just walking into the hotel instead of booking on line.
I was there to take care of family in the hospital not a vacation and money was tight and they were not willing to work with me at all on the bill.
There was no free breakfast, the pool was outdoors. We had points to redeem the first time I stayed there, but when I returned the next time that was coming out of my pocket.
A sister hotel down the road was cheaper had free breakfast,and an indoor pool. What is the deal, with getting less and paying more.
I would not stay here knowing that just a few blocks down I can get more for less money. In todays economy you want the most for the money spent and this is not the place.

Room Tip: All rooms great.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Stacy N
Queretaro City, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed at this motel on an unplanned layover in DFW. Rooms... matched expectations. Service however was poor, both at check and in the restaurant. Crew seemed overwhelmed and out of control. Will avoid this hotel in the future until they sort out their staffing issues.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business