“Try their Mushroom Ravioli for Sure”
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Boston, Massachusetts
“Try their Mushroom Ravioli for Sure”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Love their Mushroom Ravioli. They changed the recipe in 2012 for a couple months and then switched it back when everybody complained I guess. Love their bread and they usually have a great deal on wine, we usually buy a bottle or 2 when they have 50% off. I hope they bring back their chocolate cake, it used to be YUM.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Nakul G

Galveston Island, Texas
“This was the worst food i've ever had”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have had this type of micro-wave pasta from other macaroni grills, and this one was no better. the prices should be cut in half.

Visited November 2013
San Antonio
“Macaroni Grill used to be good”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The lettuce was brown, the order was wrong. The waitstaff seemed to not care or notice what they served and the place was not busy at all (now I know why).

• Visited September 2013
Hurst, Texas
“Moving Back To Excellence - Time to Try it Again!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Back many years ago, my only complaints about Macaroni Grill were how crowded it was and how noisy it was. Their food, service and the quality of their interior finish-out, at that time, was outstanding. But as others here have explained, it's been on a downhill run since, but I've never completely given up on them and have always come back 2 or 3 times a year to see if they could return their food back to its former glory (the interior is still fabulous), which leads to our visit last evening. One can usually anticipate a Wednesday evening will be a slower night than others so my wife and I came here for date night, only our second visit in 2013, and discovered some nice changes to the menu. It appears they are no longer offering every Italian option under the sun but are instead concentrating on signature dishes and a few new arrivals to satisfy almost all tastes-- a very good move by the way. I had their new Chicken Cacciatore dish, which was very good (and made correctly with both dark and white meat) while my wife had the Shrimp Portofino that she said "exceeded all expectations".
It appears Phil Romano is finally moving Macaroni Grill back to excellence with its menu. Tony our waiter had a large 12-top to contend with but still made sure we were well taken care of, so hats off to them for reviving this great restaurant. We are now putting it back on our regular list to visit every month and perhaps it's time for you to try it again, too. You'll find it's well worth the trip.

• Visited August 2013
Hamilton, Texas
“Well worth the trip”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

From we entered until we walked out the door, it was delightful. Service staff were attentive and professional. The food was delicious and enough for two people. Could have had another loaf of that wonderful bread they give you before your meals comes. Went for my daughter's birthday and it was a wonderful treat for the family.

• Visited July 2013