“Crummy service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Olive Garden
Ranked #58 of 234 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Crummy service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We went for Mother's Day - understandably a busy dinner night but there were plenty of tables and no waiting at 6pm. We were seated quickly but no waiter came for a long time. When we ordered we asked for extra salad dressing because we've noticed it's been skimpy lately. We got no salad dressing. My son wanted to drink milk from a wine glass, which makes it seem "fancy" to him so I poured it in there. The waited came and said we couldn't do that. Anyone ever heard of this? After that he never came back to refill our tea or ask if we needed anything. Other waitresses walked by and grabbed up our check while our glasses remained empty. My salmon was good but the broccoli was apparently steamed from frozen because it was icy in the middle. I used to love their salad but will probably never go back since the salad is not good any more.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Allen Park, Michigan, United States
“OG”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Walking distance from our hotel. Nice Olive Garden, good service, can't complain! The drinks were excellent, I think that was the highlight of our dinner. I wish I remember the servers name, she was very good! Dark hair, said she was new, I believe she may of had a little lisp. (I mean that with no offense!) trying to give credit where credits due!

Visited April 2013
Ardmore, Oklahoma
“Another great choice in grapevine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

The last few times I've been to on Olive Garden, I've noticed that the food quality was sliding. Not-so here! I had the Tour of Italy and the Chicken Fettuccine was nicely done (and not dry like the last time I got it). The lasagna was good and the chicken parm was good as well. The service was prompt and courteous and even offered me a to-go drink when they found out I was a business traveler returning to a hotel for the evening.

• Visited April 2013
Grapevine, Texas
“It had been awhile”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Tried one of the "new dishes" and frankly it tasted like a lot of other dishes they have. Guess I was hoping for a rebirth of the brand but maybe they have gotten to big. We had to wait for a table even though the restaurant was half empty and there were a lot of servers just standing around. The service was not good and well the food was uninspiring. If I could make it at home I wouldn't be going out. If you don't like to cook it is probably okay.

Visited December 2012
Sugar Land, Texas
“Great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

We eat out A LOT! However, after being diagnosed with celiac (gluten intolerance) along with a soy intolerance, it's made our eating out experiences interesting to say the least. I've had food returned on several occasions and often leave the restaurant with a free meal and some sort of gift card. While the perks of having a food allergy are great, it gets old. Quickly. We travel to Grapevine, TX a lot (at least once a year). We love it here! Each time we stay at a different hotel and try different paces to eat. We opted for something familiar (since we already know about their gluten-free options). The food was good. But, I want to brag on Zach. He was one of the most attentive servers we've had in quite a while. He was xtremely peasant and got my order right...the first time. He offered small talk; which is important to me. However, he wasn't too intrusive. It was a truly great experience and more than likely we will return in hopes of getting the same great service.

• Visited March 2013