“Great Tex Mex in Grapvine”

Esparza's Restaurante Mexicano
Ranked #11 of 240 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We recently ate here on a trip to Grapevine per a recommendation. It was great Tex Mex. The brisket enchiladas and the chile relleno were delicious. Margaritas were also very good.

There are newer reviews for Esparza's Restaurante Mexicano

Reviewed August 15, 2013

On my trip to the Grapevine area, I was told I just HAD to come to Esparzas and that I just HAD to order a margarita. Not being a huge margarita fan, it was actually pretty good, I like the fresh limes that take down the bitterness in the sweet and sour. I ordered the puffy tacos, which were good. The staff was friendly and quick, but it seemed like they might have had too many tables each?

Maybe if I hadn't gone on a Saturday night it might have been better. Still work going to because it is so close to the local bars and shops in the downtown area.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We went on an early Sat dinner. We did not have to wait to be seated. Starters the chips were stale and the hot sauce was more like warmed tomatoe sauce, 0 flavor! The waiter was very sarcastic about our questions on the menu. The food tasted as it had been sitting out for sometime. Something as simple as refried beans tasted old! My beef Malanesa was soaked in grease as it sat in grease all day. There were 7 people in our group and all the food was awful! Scratch this one off your list!!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Went here for lunch 7/26/13. We were first in the door (11:15) but you wouldn't know it. Service was well below expectations (read slow to non-existent). My meal was the Fajita Enchiladas, chicken. What do you get for 12.99? Three cheese enchiladas with five pieces of chicken fajita on top and two were burnt to a crisp, rice and beans. What kept this review from a one was that my wife was happy with the fried avocado we shared as an appetizer. Her Brisket Tacos were okay but nothing to write home about. Not sure what our client had but he seemed fine with it. Beer was cold so not all was lost but I used to really like this place. Not what it used to be.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Was in Grapevine for a convention and met with an old friend whom lived there. He recommended Esparzas for lunch and without question was a surprise choice!
The patio temperatures were not my cup of tea though it was circled with fans and misters amongst the shrubs and trees.
Not being terribly interested in Margaritas (at first) I focused on the menu which is true tex-mex.
I ordered the stuffed pepper(I'll be darned if I can remember the menu name of it) ! All I can say is it was fabulous.....so we're the other entres ordered in our party.
My preference is for spicy food and few places make anything hot and spicy enough for me and tex-mex or Mexican generally isn't spicy other than tossing a few barely spicy jalapeños in some recipes......but, the warmed Salsa was amazingly well spiced and flavorful and they keep it and the house made tortia chips flowing! The biggest pleasent surprise was the Margaritas........Like none other they were fantastic and typically I'm no fan, this changed my thinking, in that I will journey to places that can make something this good and make a valiant attempt to drink them dry!
The service was friendly and attentive, all Mexican or at least central American very polite and helpful! I highly recommend Esparzas if you are in the area, great food, drinks and service, well priced!