“Great Burger and Service”

Jakes Burgers And Beer
Ranked #66 of 251 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Nominated "Best Burger In Dallas" by NBC DFW and many others. You'll enjoy our friendly staff, ice cold beer & burgers. Jakes Uptown is a true local Texas Tradition of "Burgers, Beer and Atmosphere" since 1985. Henry James said once "it takes an endless amount of history to make even a little tradition" and we've made more than a few burgers, served a lot more than a few beers, and we've hosted more than a few parties.
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I thought that this was one of the better burger joints I've been to in a while. I thought that their poppyseed buns were excellent and "The Works" burger was made perfectly. Further, I thought the service was very good. Our waitress, Alexa, was so wonderful. Even though the place was busy, she continually came to our table asking how the meal was and offering refills. The manager also seemed very kind as he asked about our meal as well. I think Jake's is a fun environment and a great place for a burger

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I previously reviewed Jakes in May 2013. Parking has actually gotten a little worse as additional tenants are now in the same center (but even the McKinney Avenue Jake's had horrible parking). It seems the service has gone down hill a bit in the last few months - staff is friendly enough, but tables go a long time before being cleaned off, some of the seating cushions are already ripped, and the place looks like it needs a good scrubbing.

There are too many burger joints in the area for Jake's to let this slide. While they serve are a definite need on Grapevine Main Street, they need to be careful and not lose their customers to problems of their own making like these. These days, Jake's in Grapevine is average at best.

But a major gripe about Jake's (all locations) is that they appear to have cancelled their "rewards" program without bothering to tell anyone that was a member. The program allowed you to earn points by writing down your number on the receipt, earning points or "Jake's cash" to be used on subsequent visits. That program must have ended at the end of 2013, because at both of my visits In 2014 I couldn't use any of the points I had earned. Jake's webpage also has eliminated any reference to the program.

Not only is this not cool, but taking away whatever points were previously earned is just wrong.

Jake's gets 3 stars for a now-average experience and ZERO stars for poor customer service.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Between the four of us we had two different burgers and two different salads. We would give them fives. Sides maybe a bit less. Would go back and I'm sure we will.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Went on a Sunday. Was seated promptly, liked the TV's everywhere, but no loud sound, was able to have an inside voice conversation. The food was good, a little salty. Had a burger and BLT. Would come back..

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This place is not just a burger joint, had an awesome breakfast here twice while staying in Grapevine. They have great Omelets and other traditional items, but my favorite was the Migas!! Made exactly as I would ...so of course I loved it. Also, tried their signature Bloody Mary!!! Yummy! Was so big, I could not finish it all!!! Wait staff was prompt and friendly and the location is just right for heading out to the shops after you eat!! We will eat here again.