“Great Experiences”

Great Wolf Lodge Waterpark
Ranked #5 of 65 things to do in Grapevine
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Went here for a 3 day vacation - check in was so easy and my room was clean. Tons of people there for Spring Break so I knew to take deep breathes - seemed as though they needed more people working every where - but every employee was very nice. Eat at the Buffet and boy was it good - the whole family loved it. The lazy river seemed as though it didn't have enough water in it and both boys scraped their knees on the bottom of it.. ughh. The hot tub for the adults was perfect - tornado water slide and the other 2 were lots of fun - and again every employee smiled and acted as though they were happy you came - although you could tell they were tired. The wave pool was not very strong - but served it's purpose - I seemed to remember from years ago that it was better. The MagiQuest for my sons ages 10 and 17 was a blast - parents look out you will get a workout from going up down up down finding all the magic clues. They loved going on the Quests and wanted to finish them all - at last they made it to the final Slaying of the dragon - whoosh my legs were killing me. My husband and I went to the Salon and got 60 minute massages - and they were AMAZING!! I even got a 60 minute facial - and my skin felt GREAT afterwards. The absolute worst part of this adventure for us were the beds - they are so small and uncomfortable - we were so happy to get into our own beds when we got home. Would I go again - absolutely - this is a great place to take kids to do lots of fun things. I bought the Paw Tags for my boys so we got to make a cinch bag and color it to take home with us - even got to do a stuffed animal which was adorable. We got our Glitter Tattoos the last day because they will wash off in the Waterpark per the staff - thanks for the heads up... love the tattoos and fun thing to take home and show off. Pizza place there is delicious and the ice cream is good as well. Even went to the bar a few times to get a drink while the children played and they were delicious.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We have been here 3 times now and seem to have an excellent experience every time. The kids love this place! The staff is friendly and fun. The water slides are fun for all ages. The MagiQuest game is engaging and exciting for the kids. It's nice that this place has small little areas for parents to relax while the kids have a blast. The rooms are big with microwaves and refrigerators which is helpful with our family. We'll be returning again and again:)

1  Thank RoxxG
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We have been here twice in the last 13 months. It is a great place to spend a weekend with the family. The water park is very nice although I wish they had a couple more slides and/or rides. Plenty of options for food/snacks. The rooms are nice a spacious. The kids love the MagiQuest games. It is a computer based live action role playing game that involves finding clues that are spread throughout the resort and keeps the kids entertained when they are done with the waterpark. It is not a mindless game either - the kids have to solve the clues and walk a lot to get all the "runes". All in all a great weekend getaway within the DFW area.

1  Thank KMM2013_03
Reviewed March 1, 2014

The waterpark was the favorite part of our stay. Our girls are 7 and 12 and the waterpark had attractions that catered to them both. It is clean and the staff was attentive and friendly. We took advantage of the arcade and buffet restaurant. The room shows a little wear in the bathroom, but the beds were comfortable and the fridge and microwave were nice to have. Overall this was a great stay and we will return

1  Thank Amy M
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This place is for the young and old. Plenty of things to do. Nice spacious rooms with frig and microwave, internet. Huge water park. great staff. Worth every penny!!

1  Thank Tam0922