“Overpriced For Average Food”

The Original Pancake House
Ranked #93 of 236 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We have been creating made-from-scratch-goodness in the DFW area since 1987, when we opened our first Original Pancake House(R) franchise in Texas. Currently we have 6 locations in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and we continue to grow.
“Overpriced For Average Food”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

The staff was courteous and the dining area was clean. The price was well above average and the food portion and taste were nothing special. There are other options in the area with better tasting food and greater portion size for the same price.

Visited February 2014

“Breakfast”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Food came with hair and was cold. I would NEVER come back to this restaurant again! IHOP is better and that's not saying much!

“Pancakes from around the world”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant staff, and food were great. My niece recommended this place. I thank her for it. The breakfast i had was the two by two by two, (two eggs, two sausage links, and two pancakes). All cooked to protection. My daughter had the French toast with sausage patty and hot tea. She said it was great. My sister and husband had the eggs Benedict with shaved ham, and the Dutch baby. It looked good and no complaints. My Mom had the two eggs, a bowl of fruit, and step Dad had the Dutch baby also. All good from what i was told.

The manager, Larry, took the time out of his schedule to visit us. Very thoughtful.

When in town i will visit her again for breakfast.

Weatherford, Texas
“Hi Price, Lo Value”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Breakfast for two, with tip, was $27.00. My guest had eggs, sausage and pancakes and I had eggs and hash browns with a small OJ. Plus 2 coffees.
While the young man who waited on us was cordial and prompt, this cannot make up for value of the meal. Nothing was exceptional. Nothing was out of the ordinary.
I would not recommend this as a place to meet for breakfast. The Waffle House would have been better.

And the table was dirty and they DO NOT take AMEX.

• Visited September 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Poor Quality Ingredients Equals Poor Dining Experience”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Before I say much more, let me say that this meal resulted in food poisoning for one of our party members. We aren't sure whether it was the eggs or the pancakes, but neither tasted as they should have. The establishment was clean and the staff courteous, but the food was not hot, did not taste fresh, and as I stated earlier, ended up in a miserable day and night. I would never go back.

• Visited August 2013
OPH D, Owner at The Original Pancake House, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Sir… we are very dismayed to learn of your circumstance… we thank you for bringing it to our attention, and are grateful that no one else in your party experienced the same… we would like to learn more, so we can research and respond in more detail… could you please perhaps advise the date of your visit, the Server, what was ordered, etc.? If you have a Guest Check with an order number on it, we could pull this information from our database. If you paid by credit card, then a name could help us locate the correct Guest Check… we can be reached at 817.421.3444 and comments@ophdfw.com. Please note that in 26 years, we’re not aware of anyone suffering a health issue from dining with us. We take extreme measures to maintain sanitation, health and safety in our organization. In fact, we even engage a 3rd party to monitor and regularly inspect our sanitation and food safety… very few restaurants take this step and incur the additional expense. For us, it is a natural extension of our commitment to provide the freshest, highest-quality ingredients. Thank you again, and we look forward to hearing from you.