“Great Bacon”

The Original Pancake House
Ranked #85 of 247 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: We have been creating made-from-scratch-goodness in the DFW area since 1987, when we opened our first Original Pancake House(R) franchise in Texas. Currently we have 6 locations in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and we continue to grow.
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is a great breakfast restaurant, but go early. They are only open mornings and early afternoons. They can get crowded, but they don't get as noisy as many other chain breakfast restaurants. The service is always attentive, and the manager has always come around and checked on how satisfied we were on every visit there. He is very helpful when it comes to food allergies and is quite knowledgeable about the ingredients in all the items on the menu. (The menu itself warns that some items are cooked in peanut oil.) Their regular pancakes are a little above average in quality, but their banana pancakes are outstanding. My husband especially likes them with the restaurant's tropical syrup. On my first visit, I was excited to see that they had potato pancakes, but found them much too greasy and unusually sweet. Our waitress told us that they flavor them with nutmeg. They have several other pancake options, which I haven't tried yet. They have a gluten-free option called "Ancient Grains" which I'd like to try on a future visit. What keeps me going back, though, is their bacon. They have the best bacon I've had in a restaurant. It is very thick and flavorful, and whether you like it crispy or limp, they will cook it just the way you ask them to. They are a slightly more expensive than some breakfast restaurants, but the quality of the food and service make it well worth it. Unlike some breakfast restaurants in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, it is entirely non-smoking, which is a plus for those of us with asthma.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The food is perfect . Sometimes service can be slow especially on Sunday's but they stay packed.Food tastes fresh. They have fresh squeezed orange juice.

Been to The Original Pancake House? Share your experiences!