“Fondue and a Swamp Thing... or two.. really start off an evening right!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pappadeaux

Pappadeaux
Ranked #7 of 234 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This restaurant just opened up in May 2012. It is part of the Pappadeaux chain. Phone #: 817-488-6220. Manager: Elliott Curry.
Decatur, Texas
“Fondue and a Swamp Thing... or two.. really start off an evening right!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We often stop into the Pappadeaux on I-30 in Fort Worth, TX for an early start to an evening out. We enjoy the appetiser, Shrimp and Crawfish Fondeaux(I think it used to include oysters as well), onion rings and a couple of "Swamp Things". There is more than enough to satisfy a couple and the Swamp Things will get you going!! As they say, "try it you'll like it".

Visited November 2012

Keller, Texas
“Great Friday night drinks, appetizers and dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

My friend and I left our husbands at home and went out for dinner and going to listen to a band in Grapevine. We sat on the patio, so I could smoke, and it was filled but not packed. It took about 5-10 minutes for the waiter to come to the table - we ordered drinks (N'Awlins punch and Swamp Thing) which were both excellent. We also ordered the spring rolls which were so very delicious - could've gotten another order and the Lobster and Shrimp salad to split. The service improved and as usual the food to die for, good! I ordered a second drink, the mango cocodeaux. It was excellent! Love Pappadeaux and would go there more often but my husband is not a fish/seafood eater. It was a great time! WILL GO BACK!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Grapevine, TX
“Good Night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had a birthday dinner here on a Wed. evening. The place was hopping, so our server was swamped. She was helpful and our food arrived in a timely manner.

Atmosphere: Wm. D. Tate location is all new and the tin ceilings make for nice decor. We had a booth, and liked the setting. The noise level was only a bit loud, but we could hear our conversations. Three and a half Stars

Drinks: We had two Bloody Marys with Absolut vodka, and a Margherita. The BM mix was okay, with mainly Worcestershire taste. Points off for the SMall glass filled with ice. Two stars.

Food: Oysters on shell appetizer came with cocktail sauces and lemon on ice. Crab Fingers with fries for birthday guy, who loved them. Maine Lobster with pasta was EXCellent, good portion in shell and not overcooked. Pasta with chili flakes was surprisingly good. Fish plate with dirty rice was good also.

Service: Four star, in spite of how busy they were. Take out containers came quickly.

All in all, a nice place for special occasion. We will be back.

• Visited October 2012
Southlake, Texas
“Great Kitchen but Unskilled Bar Staff make this location a Loser”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Met my honey for a Friday happy hour, trying to patronize the Grapevine Restaurants devastated by road construction inaccessibility. Great happy hour appetizer deals, delicious shrimp skewers and tender fried gator. But when asked what was the bar scotch brand my eager beaver young waiter asked the bartender and told me it was Chivas. I ordered one tall and it was so weak I could not taste scotch. And the bozo brought it garnished with lime. I was too thirsty to wait and drank this ruined mix. It was obviously not Chivas either, probably Uncle Joes Easy Cheap bar scotch. But admonished Him and was brought the same weak drink with a lime again. Ate my food not wanting to ruin the evening with complaints, but then was brought a third drink w/o lime but triple strong, too much to drink. Untrained bar waiter; untrained bartenders making incorrect and inconsistent drinks. Make them watch Bar Rescue a couple times. All in all, and obviously poor bar manager at this Pappas. Super good grilled redfish filet we split could not make up for my anger over botching the worlds simplest drink... Scotch and soda.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Yukon, Oklahoma
“One for the road”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Ate here before we went home from our Labor Day vacation. 1st time to their new location in Grapevine. Food was excellent as well as the service. My shrimp meal was one of best I've had from any Pappadeaux's. Not a long wait for food at all. My kids also liked the food very much. Like that the new location is close to where we usually stay when we go to Dallas/Fort Worth, defintely look forward to going to this Pappadeaux's next time we're in town