“All that hype but average food”

Uncle Buck's Brewery and Steakhouse
Ranked #55 of 247 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Yeah, it's big, yeah, they brew their own beer- that's where it stops being above par. The service and steaks we ordered were nothing worth going back for a second visit, when there are better, less expensive restaurants to enjoy a good steak.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful place! The homemade beer is the best around! Loved it! I had the ribs, my niece had a huge salad. Both were delicious. It is pricey, but the atmosphere, food and spirits won't disappoint. Enjoyed Uncle Bucks. Did I mention the beer was great?

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The beer was much better than expected, prices are very good (especially for the area), and the food is about average.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

What Happened?!?!? At one of the largest Bass Pros, being one of the few that have a restaurant attached, I get boring food, unenthusiastic staff, and underwhelming atmosphere. The night I went Tony Stewart (Big NASCAR racer for those non country types ;-) ) was signing autographs. There were HUNDREDS of people outside and no one in Uncle Bucks...obviously they all knew what I didn't...that in the 10 years since I was here last things had gone very downhill. I got the fish and chips, BLEH...I could have done better at a fast food joint. The beer that they supposedly brew there tasted an awful lot like Killians (which I know other places re-label as in house brew). My companion got a steak which looked like leather. All this with zero presentation. I mean I am not expecting 4 star service but when my waiter is barely speaks much less have a personality at a themed place it is pretty sad...Not worth going...

1  Thank Mike T
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were staying at the DFW Embassy Suites and on the last night really did not want to get out. It was rather cold and rainy. We walked over to Uncle Buck's without having to go outside. We walked in to a huge room that was decorated to look like a lodge. It didn't quite fit that bill but was interesting, nonetheless. Our food was good; not excellent. We did, however, have some of the best service we have ever had. Our waiter was extremely helpful giving us pointers on things to order and helping my husband choose some of their beer. Our granddaughter loved the restaurant; and, of course, we were there to make her happy. Due to the service and the good food, we would go back if in the area.