I have read a lot of the reviews on this page, and I would have to say our family did not experience any of the negative reviews that have been expressed.
We enjoyed our first visit at the Gaylord Texan and attended the "Charlies Brown Ice".
When researching the event online, I knew it would be crowded and the best plan would be to purchase all your events you wanted to attend online. I was able to print out all my tickets for the event and figured the best time to stay would be on a Thursday and Friday night. Weekends anywhere you go that has an event will be crowded so you have to factor that into your plans. We arrived on Thursday as we drove up to the entrance "Valet" gentlemen asked if he could help, we told him we did not want to valet park because we were staying at the hotel and needed to check in. He advised us to park over to the side where you have free parking to check in. We entered into the lobby and was welcomed with employees asking if we needed assistance. We checked in and "Jessica" was wonderful we entered the room and was a little disappointed because I did choose an Atrium and was hoping to view the main entrance area. We went back down and I asked her if there was anyway we could switch rooms with a better view of all the activities and she put us in a great room with a view.
Thursday evening we viewed the 'ICE" show.. we had a 5 minute wait time and enjoyed the show.. We also enjoyed the ice slide (slope) my daughter is 8 she enjoyed the slide and the workers were great.. I also enjoyed the slide even though some smaller kids were trying to cut the attendant stopped them and told them I was in line first and they needed to get in line. Kids are excited, but we all have to remember there are rules and everyone needs to follow them.
we attended "ICE, Snow, change yourself to an elf, rudolph round up, bedtime story with Ms. Claus all purchased online and printed out tickets. We also had breakfast with Charlie Brown we made reservation per phone.
I loved our room and the bed was very comfortable... We received great service from all the employees.
People need to pay more attention to policy signs that are hanging up, just because you see someone else doing it doesn't make it right.
We have to remember as parents what restaurants or establishments we bring our children to and is it an appropriate environment.
We will be making this hotel and Ice sculpture our annual family Christmas tradition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort Convention Center
- Gaylord Grapevine