This was a mother and daughter trip just for fun. We went to see "Ice" and stay one night at the Gaylord.
When we arrived we noticed a giant print of someone's bee-hind on the toilet seat. "Ack!" We quickly used up all the hand sanitizer and room shampoo scrubbing it down to a favorable gleam.
You might think this was enough to send us packing. Well, the rest of the room seemed very clean, and pretty, so we decided to stay.
The hotel was an absolute winter wonderland. The trains and trestles, decorations, lights and cute costumed personnel were just delightful. "Ice", a show of ice carvings, more than met our expectations. Take hat and gloves. Even with the parka they loan you it is freezing, and I mean FAREEEEZING cold. My camera froze up. My fingers never did thaw out.
We felt it was totally worth it to get a room facing the atrium. Sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine and ancho-chile cheesecake from the Mexican restaurant, while enjoying the sights below was just delightful.
Lunch at the Mexican Restaurant was a bit too spicy and we wondered how in the world children ever ate there. However, it really was good as long as you had a cold drink nearby. The afore mentioned cheesecake was not spicy however. We noticed that evening there was a very long wait. We were glad we had eaten during the slow time.
They have an indoor swimming pool. This is a must for my old achy back, but brrrrr was it cold!
A visit to the Grapevine Mills Mall made the whole trip one to remember. There are some cute shops in the Gaylord. Put it all together and it is a shopper's paradise.
All in all the service at Gaylord Texan was impeccable. Our only complaint was getting into the hotel and getting parked. We decided the next time we came we would squeeze everything into one suitcase. We had to hoof it quite a ways from where our car was parked. Hmmm....come to think of it, maybe I should not be such a cheapskate and just use the valet service.
Even with these complaints there were plenty enough good things to make us go again, and again, and again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort Convention Center
- Gaylord Grapevine