My wife and I recently attended a marriage conference at the Gaylor for two nights. The hotel is breathtakingly beautiful. The staff was always courteous and helpful, almost everything in the hotel is top notch. However none of this comes cheap. Our two day total, hotel, taxes, parking, and resort fees were just over $400. And we received a significant discount because of the conference. This is an upscale conference hotel. Our group was 2,500 people and we were not the only group. There are tons of people and tons of kids everywhere. Anything you buy there is going to be expensive. But the quality of everything was exceptional. Breakfast for two at the Riverwalk Cafe was $40, but the buffet was fabulous. Several other conference attendees remarked at the costs of their meals but all spoke well of the food. You also do a lot of walking to get anywhere.
The Gaylord is also not a quiet hotel. Its large open spaces and open restaurants make it quit noisy. Add a few thousand people passing through plus the fact that it is in the flight path of DFW airport make this place loud.
The Gaylord is a step up from a traditional Vegas themed mega-hotel, but a step down from say a Disney World Resort.
If you want to experience a great hotel and resort and are prepared to pay for it, go. If you are looking for a quiet, peaceful weekend get away, don't. (Unless you are going to Family Life's Weekend to Remember marriage conference, then by all means go!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort Convention Center
- Gaylord Grapevine