My husband and myself stayed at the Gaylord for a conference he was attending August 2-7. Our expenses were paid for by the conference so I cannot comment too extensively on the prices. Our room was an oversized standard room with an exterior view. Very nicely appointed with very tasteful furnishings and nice linens. Much nicer than an average hotel room. A previous review mentioned that they did not think Lake Grapevine was within walking distance, but I could clearly see boats in the marina just out of the window in our room.
Most of our meals were eaten with large groups for the conference, I must say that the food was excellent. Desserts to die for. We did eat one evening on our own at the Texas Station in the resort and again the food was very good and reasonably priced. Some of the other restaurants in the resort were very pricey.
Overall the resort itself it just lovely. Wonderfully decorated and maintained. I have an eye for small details and they certainly did not overlook the small details when they built and decorated this resort.
We did use the workout facility on several occasions and found it to be adequately equiped although very busy at times. And as for the very small pool that was mentioned in previous review, I agree it could be larger but I will say it never was overly crowded when I was lounging poolside.
The only drawback that I can say was that the resort itself is some what isolated from Grapevine, Dallas and Fort Worth. They do offer complementary shuttle serice into Grapevine and to the Grapevine Mills Mall. We ended up renting a car for a day to drive into Dallas and Fort Worth as this was our first trip to Texas and we wanted to see more than just the Gaylord. Overall, a very nice stay at a very very nice resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort Convention Center
- Gaylord Grapevine