“An Enchanted Vacation Place for Anyone!”

Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This resort was comparable to a night in the best entertainment plaza throughout the United States! I had booked this resort to celebrate my son's 13th birthday. Without referencing the property, I haphazardly, took my chances from only viewing the photos from a hotel website. Upon arrival, the majestic scenery and the architecture led me in awe to the entryway and the front lobby. The staff and bellmen were college age, which was a great idea to employ those wishing to learn first hand what the hospitality industry was like. Will recommend to others!

Room Tip: Be sure to view pictures of the inside, then ask to be placed near your preferred site.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed at the Gaylord for a recent conference. Rooms were nice size, clean and generally comfortable. Large property with a number of shops, restaurants and even a water park. Nicely landscaped. Ate at two of the hotel restaurants. Expensive and the food was average at best. For other dining opportunities you can take a local shuttle or the hotel vans (which were very nice and relatively reasonable) to Grapevine which has a good selection of restaurants. Nice facility for the modest size conference we attended.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I've been coming to this hotel for about 5 years for a variety of conferences in the area or at the Gaylord. They always do a great job with the conventions. The hotel has a great atrium area with great walking areas, water features and places to eat. I have eaten at them all and they are each great. The sports bar is great for watching games and enjoying a beer. Highly reccomend the Texan when coming into Grapevine.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Attended a meeting at the Gaylord Texan Hotel during July 2014 for 5 nights. The hotel was immaculately clean. I had to get up at 330 AM to catch a flight and went down to the lobby to see quite a few staff cleaning at night.

Food was overall good at the Cantina (note - 1/2 price appetizers and drink specials for happy hour from 4-6 I believe) and at the sports bar. I had a ham and cheese sandwich, cookie, and soda at the coffee shop and it was $17. Coffee was good and there are 2 coffee shop locations and several gift shops. I noticed that "to go" drinks were more expensive that drinks served in the bars (FYI).

I thought overall the resort restaurants and coffee shops were pricey and a little above comparable resorts but likely for the ambience. I took the hotel provided car service a couple of times. Several good options in downtown Grapevine, Tx. I recommend Esperanza's (Mexican) and AJ's on Main (BBQ). Also car service was a good option to get to the hotel although about $10/ each way higher rate.

Pool and fitness centers were very nice, fully equipped and rather private and easy to access. Rooms were very nice and cleaned daily. They have a same day cleaning service if you need it. I had room service one night and it was very good and fast but was pricey (I believe a 30% upcharge).

One of the drivers recommended visiting a place nearby called Top Golf for fun. The Cowboy's golf course is 1 mile away. Overall great stay! Meeting facilities are nice but about a 10 minute walk from rooms.

Room Tip: I would choose a room close to the cantina. That seems to be fairly central to the fitness center...
1  Thank AnotherParrot
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This was our 2nd visit to the Gaylord Texan with our grandchildren. Our connecting rooms were clean, beds very comfortable, clean bathrooms. We enjoyed Paradise Springs, having pictures made with the character "Toothless", and the fireworks display. The location of the resort is very close to other attractions such as Legoland and the Sea Life Aquarium at the Grapevine Mills Mall. Our main complaint is the high prices for food at the resort, especially if your are traveling with children. Our first breakfast was the buffet at the Riverwalk Cantina. For 2 adults and 3 children under the age of 8, we paid $90. The kids pancakes were so hard, they were almost in edible. At the pool bar we had 3 hot dogs, a pizza and drinks and it set us back $98. We ended up going off the resort to eat. Please give us more kid friendly dining options!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed at the Gaylord Texan for a conference and was thoroughly impressed with the hotel/resort. The grounds are well manicured and there are many things to do right on the hotel/resort grounds. My room was huge, almost a waste for one person, but no complaints! Having a balcony that overlooks the courtyard was a nice touch. The wifi was painfully slow, and while it was included, I'd rather pay a bit to have wifi that is better than the old dial up internet!

Room Tip: As I always do, I ask for a room on a higher level and away from the elevator.
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We have stayed here a few times in the winter but this was our first visit in the summer. The water park was great! We really enjoyed the outdoor pool also. We had dinner in the Mexican food restaurant and it was a bit high but the food was good. Our room and bed was clean and comfortable. I love the balcony that looks at the atrium. I am a people watcher and really enjoy sitting out there just watching and looking at this beautiful resort. Because it is a resort there are resort fees and valet parking fee's and the food is high. The spa is good also. I will come back again to this resort. Loved it!

Room Tip: It is worth the extra $20.00 or $30.00 to get a balcony room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grapevine
Hilton Anatole
#35 of 205 in Dallas
Downtown Dallas
Omni Dallas Hotel
Omni Dallas Hotel
#5 of 205 in Dallas

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!