Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed April 5, 2014

There is a reason this place is rated so low. I got stuck in this situation bidding on Priceline. I get it for well under $80. It is right next to the airport but unlike EVERY hotel in the area they don't have a shuttle. They will gladly pick you up for almost $200 I got $100 rental car, $27 Valet Parking $19 resort fee. My cheap overnight stay at the Dallas Airport is all the sudden not what I planed. I get in my room and its dirty. TV and AC will not work. Have a nice view of a parking structure. when I asked the Manager on duty Ashley why they don't have a shuttle from the airport I felt like I was talking to a Mc Donalds employee. She had zero customer service ability. Stacy [-- ] needs to speed a lot of time with Ashley and train her and determine if she should be dealing with guests.

After check in we sat around waiting for a bellman. After awhile we just took all our bags to our room ourselves.

Rooms are small, I would take a basic old two story pool in the middle park your car in front of your room no tell motel over this dump any day !!

Room Tip: Stay away !
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Andrew B
GaylordTexanResort, Customr Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

byuby5,

On behalf of Gaylord Texan I want to apologize about the inconveniences you experienced. Please email me directly at tfeedbackmailbox@gaylordhotels.com so I can better assist you.Thank you.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stayed here for several days for a convention which was located in the hotels convention centre. Wonderful convention facilities and well organized and catered. Loved my room which had a balcony facing the interior of the hotel courtyard. Very modern room and well maintained. I enjoyed room service........great food.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

My family and I have stayed at the Gaylord several times now and we love it. The rooms are clean, food served onsite is okay, and hotel activities are great. We spent a lot of our time at the water park and in the outdoor pool. The water park has tons of things to do and food isn't bad. My only complaint is that a lot of the kid activities (Shrek related) are only available at certain times and not on Sundays. We have not been able to participate in any of them. The Cantina on site improved greatly since our previous visit in 2012 when we had horrible service at dinner one night. Food was good, but could still be improved.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank T M
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

T M,

Thank you for providing your review in regards of your past stays at our resort. Our team is glad to know your family has a great time at Paradise Springs and our atrium. It is also good to know, we were able to make your past experience at our Riverwalk Cantina better from the one you had in 2012. Your opinion is important to us, as we are always trying how to improve our service. This year Paradise Springs will open during Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully you get to come back this year! Thank you again for your review and hope you have a wonderful day.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I recently stayed at the Gaylord Texan for four nights while attending a convention. Instead of writing a detailed review as I normally do, I will just share some random thoughts.

If you are travelling here for a convention then you're going to stay here regardless. And the convention center facilities are spacious, and nice. If you're travelling on your company's money it will certainly make the cost, of a room, food, and anything more bearable.

I would never stay here at my own expense. The rooms are average in size, comfortable and clean. The service is very good. The rooms are very pricey though.

The cost of food and drinks in the restaurants, coffee shops, sundry shops, etc. is outrageous. The restaurants are under-staffed so service is below average. I paid $3.99 for a bottled soda in one of the sundry shops. A domestic beer in any of the restaurants is $6.50. Food prices are equally high.

There is nothing within walking distance. So, you will need a rental car or taxi to eat off site.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TennesseeTravelerMan

TennesseeTravelerMan,

On behalf of Gaylord Texan, I want to thank you for staying at our resort. Our STARS strive to create flawless service and assure you I will pass your feedback to our team. We are extremely grateful you took the time to assist us so we can develop our service. Thank you again, and I hope you have a great day.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was there by myself on business. It was an incredible place. The view inside the atrium was great. I was impressed how large it was. Had all the qualities of a 5 star resort. Great restaurants and room service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Frank C,

On behalf of Gaylord Texan, I want to thank you for staying at our resort. It is great news you were impressed with our service and had a good time during your business trip. Hopefully you get to visit us again.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Took an early flight to Dallas with my family for a visit and arrived before noon. Staff was very friendly upon arriving. As a Platinum Member I asked for an upgrade prior to check in. Rain at the front desk was great, said no problem checking in and as a Platinum Member he had a great room for us. He wasn't kidding, Nothing like the Presidential Suite. My family loved it! And we had a great couple of days.

All and all a great place. Mexican Restaurant was great and Service there and at the Hotel was excellent. Lots of Meeting there so be advised, but otherwise a nice place!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed at the Gaylord for the 2013 RFMA Convention. The hotel is massive and offers a great deal of options for food and activities; we did not like the Mexican, Italian or Sports Bar but loved the Steak House, more reviews coming on those. They have a decent pool and some nice walking trails. The hotel is a Marriot Property and you get what you expect from them, a pretty darn good hotel that is comfortable.

Room Tip: Outside room, not to the courtyard.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Ed R,

Thank you for being a Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite member and providing your review in regards of your experience with us. I forwarded your comments about Rein to the front desk manager. She was so excited to know, he was able to accommodate you in a great room. We hope you get to come back soon. Have a wonderful day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grapevine
Hilton Anatole
#35 of 206 in Dallas
Downtown Dallas
Omni Dallas Hotel
Omni Dallas Hotel
#4 of 206 in Dallas

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!