“Customer Service not a priority”

Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed January 21, 2014

)When we drove up about 1:00 pm, it was not crowded, and I had to look for a bellman to get our luggage. And then he asked me, "you want me to get your luggage?" 2)the checkin process took about 20 minutes and was quite convoluted, with unchecking people and checking people back in to change deposits. 3)we had three people in our room and only two towels (the second night), when I called to get more it took over an hour and three phone calls. 4)some of my friends were charged not only the deposit, but over $800 on their credit cards the first day (without corresponding expenditures on their part. 5)we didn't have clean glasses in our bathroom until the final day, 6)another friend had over $1000 dollars worth of items stolen and your security acted like she was lying and were extremely unhelpful 7)the last time I stayed there you overcharged my credit card by $800 and said you would only consider reversing the charges if I sent receipts showing I wasn't in Texas. When I did so I was told that they were too small, visually, (I guess you need better computers, I took photos with my iphone and forwarded the in an email) It took a phone call from our corporate sponsor for you to reverse the charges. 8)you deactivated one of our keys causing me to miss part of my meeting to go open the door. 9)you told several of our friends that even though they had reservations, you had no room for them and it was only after one of them called her friend who happens to be a Gaylord that you miraculously found her a room. 10)cumulatively I would say your property management has low standards of customer service and considers lying and stealing part of your standard operating procedure.

4  Thank r t
GaylordTexanResort, CustomerCare Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

R.T,

Thank you for providing your feedback in regards of your stay. I passed on your review to our team so to review our procedures and service. We are extremely sorry early check-in took long and the room didn't have enough amenities to accommodate all the people in your room. Training actions will take place so those incidents can be avoided. Thank you again for your feedback as it will help our team improve our guests services. Hope you have a great day.

There are newer reviews for Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We've stay at Gaylord Texan in Grapevine several times, however I'm not sure we will ever return. I called and made a reservation, and requested a room with a great view of the atrium, and not be stuck in the back of the hotel with a horrible view, as we have been before. Once we arrive, the checkin desk assured we would have a great view. We get to our room, and here we are once again, stuck over looking the cantina with a horrible view I requested we didn't want. So while my wife is getting dressed for us to go out and celebrate a night out for her birthday, I'm at the checkin desk for 30minutes trying to resolve this issue. Finally spoke with a manager, and the best she said she could do was move us to another room. Never received any sort of discount, I'm sorry, offer to move our luggage, or make any gestures. I interrupt my wife from getting dressed so we could move rooms. Not only did that issue inconvenience the both of us, it made is late and miss our dinner reservations. We would normally have dined at one of the restaurants at the resort, however they were all closed besides the steak house, which we didn't want. That alone forced us to travel to Dallas for dinner. It would have also been nice to know, the entire resort was booked for a convention. We couldn't even enjoy the amenities as we have on prior visits. To say the least, we were very disappointed in our stay at Gaylord Texan in Grapevine.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lmp12083
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

LMP12083,

Thank you for staying at our resort and providing your review in regards of your stay. On behalf of Gaylord Texan, I want to apologize in regards of the room view and the hotel's outlets being closed due to a private event. Our front desk tries their best to accommodate requests but unfortunately can’t guarantee them. We are working on a better process to assist our guests' requests. In regards of the private event, our team is working on improving our communication with our guests, so this incident doesn’t happen again. We are extremely sorry this happened during your birthday weekend. Please feel free to email me at tfeedbackmailbox@gaylordhotels.com if you need further assistance. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review. Hope you have a great day.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

My husband and I planned a night at the hotel for my birthday this weekend. We live locally and I thought it would be great for a night away from home to drink, dine, and dance all under the same roof. Our standard room was $259. The room was fine. We had a nice view of the lake. After we got settled we wandered around the atrium deciding where to eat, much to my disappointment, we quickly discovered one by one that each of the restaurant's in the hotel were closed for a private event. Only one restaurant,(the most expensive) out of five was open and I really wasn't planning on eating steak. The Glass Cactus nightclub was also closed to the private event. When we expressed our disappointment to many the staff they just said they were sold out for the event. I understand that they have conventions but how about telling me up front? I may have chosen a different date or hotel with Marriott. It was not mentioned at booking or check-in and many of the staff were not even aware. I was so disappointed. We ended up taking a cab to downtown Grapevine to dine and drink (because we didn't want to drive). Based on this experience I have no desire to stay again.

Room Tip: Stay on the Atrium side
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cynthia T

Cinnamontx,

Thank you for staying at our resort and providing your review in regards of your stay. On behalf of Gaylord Texan, I want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the restaurants being closed due to a private event. Communication to our guests is a priority to at our hotels. Our team is coming up with new ways to better communicate information when there are private events in our facility. We are extremely sorry this happened during your birthday weekend. Please feel free to email me at tfeedbackmailbox@gaylordhotels.com if you need further assistance. Thank you again, and hope you have a great day.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

A convention center really ought to be able to handle a convention, but not here. Not only did we have NO water pressure or hot water for the shower, a nasty gritty rust came out of faucet. Front desk didn't care. Restaurants couldn't handle to crowds, either. Very disappointed. Beautiful property, but service was poor.

3  Thank anne m

Anne M,

Thank you for staying at our resort and providing your review towards your stay. On behalf of Gaylord Texan, I want to apologize in regards of your experience with the hot water and service. Our team's priority is to create a flawless stay and with your feedback we will be able to improve our services. Our engineering team has been notified about the Hot water and the rust from the faucet. The issues have been resolved. If you need any further assistance please feel free to email me at Tfeedbackmailbox.@gaylordhotels.com. Thank you again for your review and hope you have an amazing day.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

The hotel, convention center are very conveniently connected. Walk from hotel through beautiful atrium which is landscaped with abundance of unique plants, restaurants, interesting architecture. Like seeing all the sights of Texas but indoors.

Room Tip: Get a room with balcony overlooking the atrium.
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I came to check in at 3 pm on 1/18/14 and I was told that housekeeping was behind on rooms so I was offered a downgrade! When I said I rather wait, the front desk agent got upset.
So we decided to go eat whole waiting for the room. To my surprise, I was told by the hostess that only the people by the convention were allowed in. After waiting for 1.5 hours, I had to go back to the desk only to find out the room was still not available!
Finally, I went to get dinner and the restaurant had a 2-hour wait since their convention had taken it.
Disastrous experience! Never coming back.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank bmacarty

bmacarty,

Thank you for staying at our resort and providing your review in regards of your experience. On behalf of Gaylord Texan, I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your check-in time and your restaurant wait. Our hotel strives to create flawless service and with your review we will take training actions with our staff to improve our services. Your information was distributed to the front desk and our food and beverage outlets. Please email me at tfeedbackmailbox@gaylordhotels.com if you need further assistance. Thank you again!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Took the family to Dallas for Christmas and stayed at the Gaylord Texan. It's like being at a theme park. Great restaurants. And the "Ice" presentation at Christmas is a "can't miss." The atrium effect is the best at any hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grapevine
Hilton Anatole
#35 of 205 in Dallas
Downtown Dallas
Omni Dallas Hotel
Omni Dallas Hotel
#5 of 205 in Dallas

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!