“Great atmosphere”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel offers everything in one huge location. From the time you enter you feel
Like you are in cowboys stadium , including the star . The different eateries give you great choices. Sunday brunch is fantastic at river walk cantina , get there by 11am to save some dollars .

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,110)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Good for work and conference. After attending many conferences and shows across the country you appreciate ease of access, convenient to fly to, good service, quality conference space and maybe a few extras. The Gaylord Texan Resort met my expectations for a hotel and conference center.

Thinking of a vacation I’m not sure this would be the place. The Gaylord is Dallas big. A fun spot to visit for just the experience of how big ideas become big buildings. It a tiny taste of Las Vegas without the gambling.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We recently stayed at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine for our annual visit to Grapefest. We have stayed several times previously. The property is fantastic. This hotel has just about everything from multiple restaurants, shops and an indoor recreation of Texas in the hotel’s atrium. We ate a late night dinner at Zeppole (Their Italian restaurant). Food was great. We had breakfast the next day at the Riverwalk cantina(a recreation of the San Antonio River walk). The food was average and pricey. They have a steakhouse that we have dined at in previous visits that has great food. As far as negatives and advice goes. $17 per day for self parking, they do offer valet at a higher price. $25 resort fee. Advice – book early if there is a local event simultaneous with your stay. Previous years we paid much less for a standard room. Overall we enjoyed our stay; the hotel has everything and more.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Keith,

Thank you for providing your feedback in regards of your stay at our resort. Your opinion is important to us! Your concerns with our fees will be passed on to our team. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the dining at our Zeppole restaurant. We hope you stay again with us soon!
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

They weren't rock hard, but were very firm. Other than that, the food in the hotel is very good ($$$), and the service is nothing but excellent.
They are very well staffed and very friendly.
Best of all, I get Marriott points for the stay now!!!

Room Tip: Get ready to walk a little. The place is huge, but very nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center for three nights during a conference held at the resort. I could not believe what a wonderful experience I had there.

Check in was flawless. The line was long, yet I was attended to within 5 minutes. The place is huge, yet instructions to my room were easy.

I arrived on a Sunday just in time to watch football. There was a sports bar with a TV that was like 785 square feet. Amazing TV...but what I enjoyed more was the waitress from upstate NY. So full of personality! The food was Texas BBQ...enjoyed it very much. Price point was a couple dollars more per entree than I am used to, but very reasonable.

My room was an interior facing room and very much to my liking. Big, comfortable, and clean. They were doing some construction to the atrium windows at night. I heard it, but really did not interrupt my sleep.

The conference rooms were great, but what surprised me was the conference food. Beyond expectations! The Black Pepper Sausage was probably the best sausage I've ever had. Everything was great. I have always made fun of conference food. Not here. This is beyond excellent.

The wine bar was a great place where I'd enjoy a glass of wine before bed. Great selection and classy environment. Best place to relax whether alone, as a couple, or with a group.

Shops were neat as were the koi ponds, water features, and atrium.

The night life was surprising lively. Everything you could want was contained in this resort. I left feeling satisfied and not lacking anything.

Take time in the afternoon to have a shoe shine from Doc. This old-timer spouts timeless business advice with wit and a smile.

Next time I return with the family...and I will be back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lincoln, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We recently stayed on this property and overall we were impressed with the facilities, decor and restaurants. My issue rests mostly with the resort fee and parking fees. $25 per day resort fee was supposed to include the use of the water park but it was closed for the season. Since the other 'amenities' given with the resort were marginal I would expect that the resort fee should have been waived or at the least lowered. In addition the property also charges a parking fee of $17 to park yourself and more if you use the valet. Also, the initial check-in we were denied early check-in without even an offer to upgrade so we could check-in even though the hotel was not full.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your feedback in regards of your stay at our resort. . We value your opinion and our team is grateful for your advice in reagrds of our resort fee. We do also want to apologize for not being able to offer you an early check-in or an option for an upgrade when you arrived to the resort. We will notify our front desk team to develop this service. Again, thank you so much as this will assit our team improve .
-Gaylord Texan
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Gaylord; it's a very nice facility. We stayed at the hotel during the week, and were sad there wasn't a much to do unless you went on the weekend. Nice room, my daughter really enjoys going to Grapevine.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grapevine
Downtown Dallas
Omni Dallas Hotel
Omni Dallas Hotel
#5 of 201 in Dallas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,073 reviews

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!