The atrium and grounds are exceptionally manicured and offer a nice atmosphere. The resort has a few pools, restaurants, shops, a night club, and a convention center. The service was fair, but not to the level it should have been for a place of that caliber. The sundry shop was outlandishly priced, IE 3 oz of potato chips for $4.99. Parking is $18/night and you have to walk a pretty good distance which gets old with several in and out trips.
The part that was awful was everything to do with the room involving sleep. The beds were not comfortable and the pillows had no body. The music in the atrium was loud until around 11 pm. The walls were paper thin. We could understand every word that was being said by our neighbors. In addition to our loud neighbors and their child whining, the elevator noise kept me awake all night long. We were 4 rooms away and could still hear it loud and clear. I usually sleep very well in hotels but I got about a combined 5 hours of sleep in two nights. My wife and I were there for a conference and if we have to return to this conference, we will be staying elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort Convention Center
- Gaylord Grapevine