We have just spent 3 nights at the Gaylord Texan. We received a room upgrade to an executive suite, which was great.
The hotel is clearly aimed at conventions, it is huge. The rooms have balconies that face the interior of the large enclosed space. The ceiling is a glass dome so light does filter into the space. However, the rooms with an atrium view do not have a window with any natural light, which was disconcerting after a couple of nights, which is why I gave this 4 stars.
Our room was very nice and exceptionally quiet especially since the hotel is on the flight path for DFW and all the restaurants etc were below the room.
The property has an awesome sports bar with a 700 sq. ft. screen. There is an area which is 21 and over only, and unlike some places, the hotel enforces the policy.
We were in Texas to visit family, and took two kids and their parents to the water park. The kids had a great time. We rented a cabana which was really nice, it has a tv, safe, and dedicated server. There were a lot of extremely attentive lifeguards.
Yes, the prices for food and drinks are high, but no higher than one would expect given the nature and character of the hotel.
The room service function was very efficient, we only ordered the children's choices, and the portions were perfect.
The staff was attentive, pleasant and helpful, without exception.
It was a good visit we would go back perhaps requesting a room with a regular window.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking Grapevine, Texas hotel. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from DFW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort Convention Center
- Gaylord Grapevine