I felt captive, and while the establishment was quite polished I did want to leave in order to explore and found it quite difficult (or very costly) to do so. This is definitely a self-contained environment, and I'm sure families with children of parents who want (and can afford) everything catered, including childcare at the indoor water park, would find this place perfect. For the rest of us, not so much.
The room was posh and looked to be newer or better kept than most. Linens were top quality; towels were of generous size, as was the bathroom; which had a separate entry for double-sinks and vanity. Soap products weren't the best, and it was tough to get a new bar of bath soap, but the facial soap was endless (lol).
Most often we had to prompt housekeeping into providing any services; and it wasn't simply because they care about the environment and want us to reuse towels and bedding - we were there for an entire week and we only saw them twice, both times we had to wrestle for face clothes and beg for shampoo!
The only issues I encountered were with reservations - they insisted they had to create two reservations because my room rate changed during the middle of my stay. I thought that lame...rates change all the time at hotels, and having two itineraries and two bills for business purposes was quite cumbersome.
Meals served for the summits (business conferences) were outstanding. Service was top notch; food was hot, fresh and very inviting. Breakfast buffet was plentiful and the fresh fruit was out of this world. So were the baked goods and of course, eggs, potatoes and sausage. Restaurant food was awesome but fairly expensive and with no way off the resort within reason, it became the only game in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort Convention Center
- Gaylord Grapevine