“Great Hotel with alot onsite.”

Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Orlando, FL
“Great Hotel with alot onsite.”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We spent 6 days at the Texan for a convention and it married both the work and pleasure aspect nicely. It was great to not have to leave the property to eat as there onsite restaurants were great. Room were at an above average level for a hotel, but it is the amenities that makes this a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,135)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Gaylord for a recent golf expo. We booked our trip through Texas golf trail concierge. The resort was impressive. Nice rooms, great personal service, sports bar was incredible for watching college football. I'll return with my family. Great stay highly recommend Gaylord Texan.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Colbert, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great experience...It was my husbands birthday and we stayed two nights and it was so relaxing. The food was good and the Christmas decorations was just beautiful. The Dreamworks Ice show was just incredible. The rooms are beautiful and very roomy. We stayed in the lone star atrium area and it was just beautiful with the balcony overlooking tha decorated atrium area. The trains and the decorated trees was just beautiful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I work for an event management company that handles meetings and events for several differnt organizations and buisnesses.

We recently held one of our annual clients' meetings at the Gaylord Texan, and overall it was a pretty bad experience. The attendees didn't notice (thank god), but as the staff and the meeting planners, well, we were treated like crap. My personl experience started with check in. The computer systems were down, so check in was a little slow. That wasn't an issues for me. It was the fact that the front desk agent told me at check in "your room may or may not be clean when you get up there. So, just call us if it isn't clean and we'll come up". UMMMM....I'm pretty sure you can check on the room via radio. I was a former hotel person, and I would have NEVER said that to a guest at check in.

We had to ask multiple times for things before anything ever happened. There was always someone more important than our group. Even though we were there for 3 days in a row with 150 guests. It was BAD.

After the face, the bill took 2 weeks to get to us. After reviewing immediately and sending my changes the next day, it took them 10 days to return the bill to me. Then they only returned the front page, not the back up documents. It took another 2 days for them to email the back up documents. Nothing was done with any urgency...it was an awful experience from start to finish.

I will never take another group of mine to the Gaylord Texan.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ALL530
Hertford, North Carolina
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Nobody does a convention better than a Gaylord hotel! Awesome facility.. Great food.. Great service. Super nice rooms. Tile floors and granite counters in bathrooms. Beds were divine. They were decorating for Christmas....what a spectacular display. Took plenty of pictures.. Beautiful.
And the relache spa... Wonderful therapists... Great service with all, and I mean all of the possible amenities. Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: Overlook the atrium
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Vilonia, Arkansas
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The Gaylord Texan was a wonderful place for a work conference and getaway for my husband and I. The hotel is beautiful and the room was nice with a comfortable bed and furniture. We had a balcony with a view of the atrium, which was a nice surprise. We ate at Texas Station twice during our stay, and the food was so good. Try the brisket plate, it is fabulous!

The convention center was very nice facility, comfortable with good food. They handled our large group with ease. This hotel is huge, so everything is very spread out. Be prepared to do a lot of walking!

The Grapevine area has a lot to do, especially shopping and good food. See my reviews of Cafe Italia and Esparzas, too. We would definitely return if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed November 2012
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed at the Gaylord from October 27th thru 30th attending a conference. When I checked in I was told I had a double bed when I was told during my reservation I would have a king. When I attempted to change they declined to move me. They charge a hotel tax for amenities that your supposed to get but never receive. And to compund the situation when I checked out no one asked me about my stay and failed to deliver a folio for the room until I called them today. I have attaempted to deliver a customer satisfaction survey twice. Both times the survey crashed so I got frustated and resorted to this site to provide feedback. Will not be back here or any other Gaylord property if I can avoid.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grapevine
Hilton Anatole
Downtown Fort Worth
Omni Fort Worth Hotel
Omni Fort Worth Hotel
#7 of 112 in Fort Worth

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!