We stayed here because of the new water park, "Paradise Springs", and have not visited the Gaylord Texan for a few years. The new mini water park is available for guest only so it was not crowded, even though we had rented a small cabana to escape the sun. Turns out this place has huge shades that covers chairs, but decided to keep the cabana to enjoy our day and be treated with luxury. The cabana 'Frio' had two nice beach chairs, ice box for drinks, ceiling fan and little tables. A remote control button is used to notify the server you need assistance. The staff here including the lifeguards are extremely nice and helpful. The food is good and the water attractions are not bad either. There is not wave pool, but has a lazy river and one huge slide. A separate pool is used for kids and very large too, and has an adult section which faces the bar area where you can watch sport games. I did notice people drinking in the lazy river which I thought was odd. You do have to ride a shuttle bus from the hotel to the pool, but if you had a cabana the you can valet your car there and seemed kind of silly in a way unless your are going somewhere else after swimming. One of the best hotel pools I have been to.
The room was average which had two separate beds and facing the parking lot, but was close to the lobby and on the first floor. It was extremely clean, soft towels, and suit our needs. The cleaning staff left a handwritten note which made the stay more welcome.
The sport bar, Texan Station, has been expanded and the cigar room has changed too. A new gameroom has been added and seems like this hotel is a bit more family friendly versus being just a convention hotel. The indoor and outdoor pool is still the same. The beef BBQ at the sports bar was a bit dry but mixed drinks were good. Morning coffee at Java Coast is also good.
The DreamWorks Experience was going on and saw some characters dressed in costume like Shrek, but only at the character breakfast. I was expecting the see many characters walking around the hotel and swimming pool areas for the kids to see and enjoy like Disney does.
The Gaylord does not take advantage that it is situated next to Lake Grapevine unlike the Marriott at Horsehoe Bay where you can rent boats and watercraft, swim in the lake, and a pool overlooking the lake. I think the Glass Cactus which is a night club on the edge of the lake needs to go, for of all the stays I never seen this place open. Wished the waterpark was situated here for me this is dead space for a resort without a golf course or tennis courts.
Overall the staff is excellent and helped us out a couple of times and definitely will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort Convention Center
- Gaylord Grapevine