We went to the Gaylord Texan for my sister's Bachelorette Party. We were definately wanting a relaxing, spa weekend. When I stumbled upon the Girls Getaway package on the Gaylord website, I knew that was exactly what we were looking for. The package includes free valet, a cheese platter and chocolate martini bar in your room, 20% spa services, 2 free appetizers at a restuarant, free breakfast at the Riverwalk Cantina, and other perks.
We absolutely enjoyed the spa. They ordered our lunch and had it delivered to the spa in between our treatments, and they gave a complimentary glass of wine. The therapists were friendly, but they left you alone and let you relax. The slumber room was a peaceful place to rest, if interested.
We also enjoyed the Paradise Springs lazy river. It wasn't too crowded with families. We grabbed some adult beverages and floated for an hour or so. The lazy river is fairly small, but we didn't care.
One of our favorite parts of the package was the chocolate martini bar and cheese platter that was delivered to our room. It came with 2 nice size cheese platters, 2 plates of crackers, 2 small bottles of vodka, and 4 miniature godiva bottles... plus, a shaker and bucket of ice. It was the perfect snack after the spa and pool, and a good pre-dinner appetizer.
Free breakfast at the Riverwalk Cantina was also a nice ending to the stay.
If you want a girls night away (and you want a spa day), get this package! Totally fun and worth it!
(We also got the Traditional Atrium View. I wouldn't pay for much else unless you are spending a lot more time in the room because this was a great room. This room was very spacious, and had a good view of the cool atrium).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Expedia, Marriott, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort Convention Center
- Gaylord Grapevine