My husband and I stayed at the Gaylord for our first anniversary over Memorial Day weekend. Luckily, they opened the new waterpark the day before we arrived! The hotel was incredible. Our room was huge, and very clean. We had a double vanity, which was great! Be prepared to walk a lot - neither of us brought good walking shoes, so make sure you do. Make sure you're prepared to spend about twice as much as the actual cost of the rooms. Nothing is included in the cost, so you'll pay extra for dining (which was somewhat expensive, depending on the restaurant), spa services, parking, a $15/day resort fee, gratuities for bellhops and bus drivers, etc.
As for the restaurants, Texan Station, the sports bar, had pretty good food, only slightly overpriced. We did have very very slow service at this restaurant. The Riverwalk Cantina, the Mexican restaurant, was delicious and priced about what you'd find at any other restaurant. The Steakhouse was extremely overpriced. They had good food and service, but not worth the money. The Java place that's open 24 hours is great. Again, slightly overpriced, but they had good smoothies, sundaes, and breakfast food.
One surprising thing is that this enormous resort only had one small single hot tub! There is no hot tub at the waterpark, which was disappointing, and no hot tub at the indoor pool.
We would liked to have seen more activities. The days we stayed the Glass Cactus nightclub was not open, so we did not have any nightly entertainment. We were glad they opened the waterpark, otherwise we would have been bored after one day.
Service was great, people were very friendly, and overall we had an awesome vacation! We recommend it, and will likely go back, but be prepared for those extra costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking Grapevine, Texas hotel. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from DFW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort Convention Center
- Gaylord Grapevine