Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Coventry, Rhode Island
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Having traveled for work for the past 5 years I have had the good fortune of staying at this hotel for the past 8 months. The staff is absolutely amazing and will accomadate you in every way you could imagine. The cleanliness is great, the proximity to the airport of fantastic, and the atmosphere is always welcoming. All in all it's one of if not the best hotels I have stayed in for business travel in the last 5 years

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sorina V, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Mr. Alan M.,

Homewood Suites in Grapevine would like to thank you for your business and feedback. As a management team, we take pride in trying to accomodate the needs of everyday business travelers like yourself. Thank you for your kind words and hope to have you again as a guest in our hotel.

Best Regards,

Sorina Ventola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed there for 2 nights coming from Dubai. It is nice and close to airport and you can find interesting shopping mall with many food outlets nearby. But the hotel needs to pay attention for some cleaning as I found many insects in the room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Mo2men
Sorina V, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I am so sorry that your stay here was not the best experience. We do take extra precautions to make sure all rooms are up to par with cleanliness. I appreciate your helpful feedback and hope that you will stay with us whenever you are in the Grapevine area.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Location is good, but that's about it for the "positives". Perhaps my expectations were too high, but I felt this hotel is overpriced for what they provide. We stayed in a 2bed/2bath suite over Memorial Day Weekend. The suite was spacious, but the beds were terrible. The beds "sunk" in the middle indicating extreme wear. We woke up each morning with back pain from the bed. Again, my expectations may be too high, but I feel hotels should maintain decent beds. The kitchen had an ice maker in the fridge/freezer,.. but it didn't work, and there are no guest ice machines in the hotel, so each time we needed ice, we had to take a container from the kitchen (not a typical hotel ice bucket) to the front desk, where they would then go to an ice machine, fill our bowl, and return with ice. The "hot breakfast" is pretty generic. Checkout was tiresome as this 105 room hotel only has 2 luggage trollies, therefore we (and all but 2 other guests who secured a luggage trolly) had to make several trips up & down to checkout.
In summary... this hotel is more comparable to an value/cost driven "extended stay" hotel. In my opinion, it is inferior to a Holiday Inn & Suites, or a Comfort Inn & Suites. I will not return and would not recommend to a friend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Cornerlot_10
Sorina V, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. We have contacted our engineering team in regards of your ice maker and your mattress, so that these two isolated events can be corrected. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here from April 17-21st. We're in town for Dr. Appts for my sons. We stayed in the 2 Room 2 queen room suite. It was my Husband, myself, my mother and my 2 boys (3,18mths). Whole suite was very clean. Loved all the room. The kitchen was great and came in handy with 2 small children. Each room has 1 queen bed which was fine with us. Awesome Things to know:

Super close to the Mall...like walking distance!
The offer what they call "small" dinner Monday-Friday. Food was good. Portions good. They have a menu in your room showing what they are serving.
They offer to let you borrow DVD players for your room which was great for my kids!
The indoor heated pool was nice. Never saw no one using it. I dnt know why cause it was relaxing.
They have basketball courts and a nice outdoor area with BBQ pits for use!
Have 4 close resultant a near by. Ritzy, ChickFla and Applebee's. Can't remember the 4th.
So many good things about this hotel. Great for families. Also very close distance to Great Wolf and Gaylord.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank brownleslie2000
Thank you for all the wonderful comments. I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you all again soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Spent 3 nights at the Homewood Suites Grapevine in March 2012 in conjunction with a conference at the Gaylord Texan. The Homewood Suites was well-located (minutes from the DFW Airport and the Gaylord and next to the Grapevine Mills shopping outlet and restaurants), as well as clean and well-maintained, with a very helpful front-desk staff. Good value for the money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank CharlotteTravelGirl
Sorina V, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your business and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!
alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

As with all my reviews I am going to give you a brief overview of who I am, so you know where I come from when doing a review.

I am a mother of 4, we live in Alberta, Canada, in a nice but certainly not fancy home, just over 1700 square feet.

This hotel is clean, roomy and has really awesome front desk agents!

The room itself smelled of something we could not quite put our finger on what though. It was supposed to be a non smoking room, but it kind of smelled of old smoke? Anyway we aired it out and it was fine.

The suite itself was really roomy!! We loved having the two bedrooms. Our twin teen girls loved having their own room with attached bathroom. We choose the smaller room as it had a desk, so I was able to get work done.

The beds were comfortable, and the sheets were soft. The couch was a pullout and not too comfortable, but it was ok. There were 3 flat screen tv's in the room, (one in each bedroom and one in the living room) The kitchen was nice, and it was great to be able to cook food if we wanted.

The kids loved the indoor pool and hot tub. It was nice and relaxing after a long day. The pool is great because it is barely over 4 feet at the deepest point, so great for kids.

The breakfast was delicious with different hot foods each day. it was nice to have the option to just eat what they had prepared rather than leaving the hotel to find something to eat.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I would recommend this to any family looking for lots of space, and room to enjoy.

Connect with me on facebook www.facebook.com/AmandaEvansCC

See you on my next review.... as a self proclaimed traveling nut, I have a lot more reviews to complete, and my next trip is already planned... Las Vegas June 2012!! Thanks for watching :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank canada134
Thank you so much for taking your time to give us feedback on our hotel. I am pleased that your stay was pleasant for you and your family. Hopefully when you are back in Grapevine, you and your family will stay with us again. Thank you for your business and I hope your trip in Las Vegas was fun!!
Grapevine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We took a weekend mini-vacation in town with 2 children ages 11 and 13 recently and can't say enough good things about this property. The suites themselves are great for families having separate bedrooms, (with doors), and private bathrooms also. We had the two bedroom and it was just perfect with chldren each having their own special place and TVs. The sofa bed in living room was comfortable for 2 adults. Full kitchen was stocked with everything needed from dishes/cooking utensils to paper towels and cleaning products. The entire suite was large and everything in it very clean. We even had a fireplace. The kids enjoyed the hot tub and heated pool which also very nice and well maintained. Although not a "cooked to order", the free breakfast was great with all hot items and extras included. Free in-room wireless a bonus and worked perfectly. The location of this property is just perfect for visiting DFW area and both cities East and West. Across from Grapevine Mills Mall, Bass Pro Outdoor World, multiple restaurants, movie theatres. Also just down the road from DFW airport, historic Main Street Grapevine and all metroplex highways. The staff was friendly, helpful and even let us check in very early as suite ready for us at noon.
All in all this property is great for all travelers to area whether business or pleasure and I recommend it very highly.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Piscesislanddreamer
Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites for your stay. We definitely value your business and appreciate the positive feedback. Our doors are always open, when you decide to come back for a mini-vacation in town again.