“Wow”

Black Watch Sailing Charters
Ranked #2 of 12 Tours in Grapevine
More attraction details
Owner description: Old World romance of the sea in DFW.
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wow”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful experience! My family and I spent a wonderful evening and enjoyed watching the sun set on the water. The crew was very hospital and did a wonderful job in every way. I highly recommend this outing for damilie, friends, girl nights, romantic occasions and do much more! I highly recommend this outing, you will be wishing it would never end!

Visited September 2013

Austin, TX
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful boat, great company, relaxing trip”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I spent 2 hours Sat morning sailing with Captain Dave and Adam, and it's well worth the time and cost. The Black Watch is a gorgeous boat and well maintained (even those of us who are not experienced sailors can tell it's a unique sailboat), and Captain Dave spent the first part of the trip (while getting ready to leave the dock) telling us the fascinating history and giving us a tour, both on the outside and in the cabin. The trip itself is relaxing - sailing is always so quiet and peaceful allowing us to talk the entire trip (unlike ski boats). Captain Dave met us at the dock gate and walked us to the boat. He helped us get situated, then we idled out to the bay before putting up the sails (15-20 min). Because his boat was built in the 70's, everything is manual (raising the sails, etc.) so it's fun to see how things were done years ago. We followed the western shore of Lake Grapevine for about 35-45 minutes before turning around. There wasn't much wind the morning we went, so we didn't go very fast nor cover much ground, but the purpose was for the experience, not a destination. He let both my wife and I steer the rudder and showed us how the sails worked. I brought a cooler of snacks and drinks (we only purchased the 2 hour sailing experience which did not come with food) and Captain Dave offered to serve us on several occasions. The time went by so fast we barely had time to drink 1-2 drinks and eat a cup of fruit (I brought a lot more than needed....). Just like the Black Watch, Captain Dave has a fascinating background. He is very personable, entertaining, and funny, and we enjoyed talking with him as much as lounging on the padded "seats" on the front of his boat (he's positioned comfortable pads in between two hatches on the front of his boat allowing for a very comfortable lounge chair-like position. Perfect to cuddle up next to significant other). Captain Dave bounced back and forth between working with Adam to drive the sailboat and chat with us. Adam, who steered the ship most of the time, was also very nice and easy to talk to. Overall, we had an excellent time and I would recommend this experience to anyone.

1 Thank sterick
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband surprised me with an anniversary dinner cruise aboard the Black Watch and I will never forget any of it. To say the experience was amazing is a complete understatement. Captain Dave, the Black Watch, the food, the crew (thank you Mike!!) and atmosphere were unparalleled. I will recommend this to any and all!

1 Thank Kboven
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Unique experience!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband surprised me for my birthday we went on a black watch sunset dinner cruise it was a wonderful experience . The dinner was good . Captain Dave and his staff were very accomadating and friendly . The ship historyis very interesting . It's attractive teakwood structure had beautiful fixtures and design . The cruise ended with a tour of Lake Grapevine with breathtaking views of the sunset .

Roanoke, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Relaxing, Romantic Anniversary”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

It was a fantastic, relaxing, romantic evening. We enjoyed the delicious food (lots of it), great wine and spectacular views of the sunset and lake. Plenty of time to learn about the history of the ship, a little bit about sailing (they let my husband steer the rudder a while) and still spend quality time celebrating our anniversary while listening to the soothing waves. Would definitely recommend to anyone.