“Impromptu Sail”

Black Watch Sailing Charters
Ranked #1 of 14 Tours in Grapevine
More attraction details
Owner description: Old World romance of the sea in DFW.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Having the opportunity to meet and sail with Capt. Dave aboard the immaculate Black Watch is something you need to experience personally. The Black Watch is absolutely gorgeous! I felt it more as an honor that he would share such a awesome treasure of old world charm such as this sailing vessel with us. He really makes you feel at home the entire time from the first to the last minute you are with him. This is not a job for him this is his life long passion. He makes it look so easy. Our first sail with Capt Dave was very impromptu and one which we will never forget. However I can tell you that the next ones will not be so unplanned. Dave we can't thank you enough for an awesome experience! You can count on sailing with us again soon.

All reviews
"fireworks show"
"anniversary celebration"
"valentine's day"

Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I shared our 2nd cruise on our 2nd anniversary aboard Black Watch with Captain Dave. I must say, this will definitely have to be an annual event! We had opted for the Romantic Dinner Cruise and enjoyed a delightful 4 course meal followed by a relaxing and unforgettable sunset sail. This experience was just as we remembered from last year. The food was exquisite and well thought out. The boat was pristine with beautiful teak accents and high polished bright work. It is very apparent how much time and attention to detail Captain Dave places into the event in preparations for the cruise. The sail itself was amazing. My wife and I were nestled on the bow to enjoy the warm breeze and watch the sun slowly set on Lake Grapevine. Believe it or not, Lake Grapevine offers spectacular sunsets. I was absolutely shocked how beautiful the sunset was with its orange and pink hues. This is something you MUST experience for yourself! If you are looking to do something outside the box, this is it! Don't hesitate, give Captain Dave a call, and he will take care of the rest for you!!!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Captain Dave, his crew member Weston, and the Black Watch provided me an opportunity to wow my husband for our anniversary celebration. This was an evening that we will remember forever. From the welcome to the goodbye everything was topnotch. We had a four course Italian dinner that you would expect at a high-end restaurant. The views of the lake and especially the sunset were AMAZING! Thanks so much for having us and giving us a wonderful anniversary celebration. My husband said the next day that he doesn't know how I could top it next year...we will have to come back.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

What a wonderful experience!! Captain Dave worked with me for several weeks to pinpoint best date and time for myself and my new fiance. I had this set up as a post proposal celebration which provided a very gorgeous sunset view from Lake Grapevine with a mouth savouring 4 course meal. Highly recommended for any type of celebration either with your significant other, client gift, anniversaries, birthday surprise, etc. Looking forward to the next sail!!!