“Bad Pizza”

Grimaldi's Pizzeria
Ranked #31 of 251 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed May 17, 2013

For the price you pay for a brick oven pizza you would expect it to come out nice a hot. I guess our pizza sat in the pass to long. The Manager was nice but I expected better quality if you are going to pay $28.00 for a pizza very dissappointed. Will not go back this was the second time this has happened.

2  Thank John S S

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Its pretty pricey for really average pie. They seemed bothered by our kids. Seems more like a bar that happens to serve pizza.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Grimaldi's definitely has a cult-like following, especially those that visit it's original NY location. But be advsied this location is definitely NOT a NY experience. Located in a new strip shopping center next to Highway 114, Grimaldi's tries to make the inside feel like it's NY home. Nice attempt, but it generally falls as flate as its signature pies. The interior is okay, mind you, just not all that special.

The pies are NY style - tomatoey, cheesey, and with just about all the standard toppings. Purists will not be disappointed. (If you are looking for uscale or more gourmet choices, go down the street to CPK.)

The two times we went, the pizzas were good. Not memorable, but not awful. There are numerous pizza ooptions in the area, so Grimaldi's has significant competition. Within a short distance are CPK, Mellow Mushroom, Fireside Pies, Campania, and Coal Vines, to name a few. Grimaldi's has eyt to stand-out from the crowd, but I have hopes for them. There is too much competition to remain average,

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Cheesecake may be better than the pizza, and that's saying something!

We had a white pizza, which was spectacular. Trying the regular next time for sure though.

The pizza absolutely rocked, decent beer selection, but the cheesecake and cannoli? Wow!!! They're made in house, and they are brilliant. Do yourself a favor and don't skip dessert...

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Okay, I will admit it, I am addicted. I can not get enough of this place. I first found Grimaldi's in Arizona, Las Vegas, downtown Dallas, Allen, San Antonio, Sugarland, and now Grapevine, the great thing is, they are always great! I have mentioned how great the pizza and salad is before, but this time, we actually had room for dessert. Peanut butter Cheesecake and Cannoli's, oh sweet mercy, that was good stuff. I am not sure if they make the desserts in-house, it doesn't really matter, they were perfect. I will make it to the original in Brooklyn someday, but for now, the Texas versions will work!