“Wow! Just awesome. Everything was fantastic.”

Grimaldi's Pizzeria
Ranked #47 of 245 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Cheesecake may be better than the pizza, and that's saying something!

We had a white pizza, which was spectacular. Trying the regular next time for sure though.

The pizza absolutely rocked, decent beer selection, but the cheesecake and cannoli? Wow!!! They're made in house, and they are brilliant. Do yourself a favor and don't skip dessert...

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Okay, I will admit it, I am addicted. I can not get enough of this place. I first found Grimaldi's in Arizona, Las Vegas, downtown Dallas, Allen, San Antonio, Sugarland, and now Grapevine, the great thing is, they are always great! I have mentioned how great the pizza and salad is before, but this time, we actually had room for dessert. Peanut butter Cheesecake and Cannoli's, oh sweet mercy, that was good stuff. I am not sure if they make the desserts in-house, it doesn't really matter, they were perfect. I will make it to the original in Brooklyn someday, but for now, the Texas versions will work!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Went there March 16 at about 4:30PM. The service was great. I ordered a large pizza with sausage and extra cheese. The pizza did not come with the extra cheese I ordered, but had fresh mozzarella instead. I didn't say anything - perhaps I should have but I usually don't bother with restaurant confrontations unless it's really bad. I would rather vote with my wallet and just not come back. The crust was undercooked and tasted like it was not cooked in a coal fired oven. The pizza sauce had no marinara tang. It tasted like Hunt's tomato sauce fresh from the can. Basically, the Pie was flavorless. My girlfriend and I had 1 glass of house wine each. So for two glasses of wine, one large pizza with two toppings, and extra sauce on the side, the total bill was $41. With tip $48. I will never come back. In the DFW area, better pizza at better prices can be had Pazzo's Coalvine's, Fireside Pies or Sal's.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

What a pleasant surprise, a pizza place that lives up to the hype! Ordered a large pizza for pickup. When presented with the box at the bar, I thought I better open it and make sure the order was correct. Pepperoni was supposed to be on the pie. I didnt see any and asked the server. He pointed out what we're nickel size slices of pepperoni. He explained this was a special type of pepperoni, aged, etc, etc. Immediately I couldn't help but think, oh boy they're cutting corners with one of the most popular ingredients(this was by far the smallest diameter pepperoni I had ever seen). How good can this be? I was wrong!
The pizza was fantastic! Crust, sauce, cheese, toppings-all good. Perhaps one downside - somewhat pricey; 18" large with 4 toppings was $26. However, we were so impressed with the quality and flavor, I know we'll be ordering from them again.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We first at at Grimaldi's in Brooklyn NY and was so glad when one came to Dallas Uptown. Now, the Grapevine location is closer to us. The awesome crust is the first appealing part to me, I love thin crust. The selection of fresh toppings which you can customize is great. My favorite is the pesto chicken.