“Not as good as the August 2012 Visit”

Grimaldi's Pizzeria
Ranked #44 of 245 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Went there March 16 at about 4:30PM. The service was great. I ordered a large pizza with sausage and extra cheese. The pizza did not come with the extra cheese I ordered, but had fresh mozzarella instead. I didn't say anything - perhaps I should have but I usually don't bother with restaurant confrontations unless it's really bad. I would rather vote with my wallet and just not come back. The crust was undercooked and tasted like it was not cooked in a coal fired oven. The pizza sauce had no marinara tang. It tasted like Hunt's tomato sauce fresh from the can. Basically, the Pie was flavorless. My girlfriend and I had 1 glass of house wine each. So for two glasses of wine, one large pizza with two toppings, and extra sauce on the side, the total bill was $41. With tip $48. I will never come back. In the DFW area, better pizza at better prices can be had Pazzo's Coalvine's, Fireside Pies or Sal's.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

What a pleasant surprise, a pizza place that lives up to the hype! Ordered a large pizza for pickup. When presented with the box at the bar, I thought I better open it and make sure the order was correct. Pepperoni was supposed to be on the pie. I didnt see any and asked the server. He pointed out what we're nickel size slices of pepperoni. He explained this was a special type of pepperoni, aged, etc, etc. Immediately I couldn't help but think, oh boy they're cutting corners with one of the most popular ingredients(this was by far the smallest diameter pepperoni I had ever seen). How good can this be? I was wrong!
The pizza was fantastic! Crust, sauce, cheese, toppings-all good. Perhaps one downside - somewhat pricey; 18" large with 4 toppings was $26. However, we were so impressed with the quality and flavor, I know we'll be ordering from them again.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We first at at Grimaldi's in Brooklyn NY and was so glad when one came to Dallas Uptown. Now, the Grapevine location is closer to us. The awesome crust is the first appealing part to me, I love thin crust. The selection of fresh toppings which you can customize is great. My favorite is the pesto chicken.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I'm a Chicago boy so if it's not cut in squares how good can it be?
Nevertheless, this is my local choice for pizza.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Listen closely, this is not the same pizza that you will get in 99% of other places. Grimaldi's is New York style, thin crust, and sorry, no slices sold in this place. From the mozarella cheese, the sauce, the pepperoni are all imported and held to a very high quality standard. The coal fired oven, this gives the crust an incredible flavor, second to none. The sauce has a hint of sweet, and is used sparingly, not flooded onto the crust like tradtional American pizza. The mozarella, which is simply the best, is used to be the anchor of the pie. If you want to stop there, you have a great pie, but choose from numerous toppings that are all great, escpecially the italian sausage and mushrooms. TAlso, the salads are very good, and they also have a good wine list to choose from.