“Too Lound to Enjoy the Meal”
Review of Oldwest Cafe

Oldwest Cafe
Ranked #2 of 240 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Dallas, Texas
“Too Lound to Enjoy the Meal”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We went here for lunch with visiting family. The first thing I noticed when we walked in was that the tables were crammed close together and that it was very loud. The noise reminded me of the roar of a school cafeteria. As we were led to our seats, it was difficult not to bump into anyone as we made our way through the closely packed tables. When we sat down, we weren't given enough menus and some of us had to share. The food was mostly your standard country fare, which is what you would expect given the theme of the restaurant. It was very difficult to converse with all of the noise around us. I could only hear the people on either side of me, and could neither hear nor be heard by any of the others at the table. The waitress must have had trouble hearing as well, since some of our orders were wrong when they came. Service could have been better. Our waitress was only at our table when she took our order, brought our food, and when we were able to flag her down to refill our drinks. The quality of the food was average and portions were very large. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't outstanding, either. There was nothing about the meal that would make it worth the discomfort of the noise and constant jostling by people going to or from their tables unless all you are interested in is a lot of food on your plate.

San Diego, California
“Yummest breakfast!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Have been to the Oldwest Cafe several times now and they have yet to disappoint us! Great menu, very tasty food. My personnel favorite the 'Almond crisp french toast with banana', abit of heaven in every bite and periodically add new recipes! The servers are very friendly and treat you with their wonderful Texas hospitality Texas is know for.
I highly recommend 'Oldwest Cafe'!

BEAUMONT
“Not stingy!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Nothing is better than going to a place you have never been too & expecting one thing & getting another. There portion sizes are great! money well spent

Visited August 2012
Coppell, Tx
“Breakfast Gem”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

"OWC" is a great place to go for breakfast. It is popular, so get there early on a weekend to avoid the line. My wife ordered ham, hash browns and sourdough toast (she isn't an egg eater) and enjoyed them all. I had the Silver Spur, the sausage gravy is excellent and my eggs were cooked perfectly. The prices are reasonable. The restaurant is decorated nicely, but as others have said, it is a little loud. We will definitely add "OWC" to our list of favorites.

• Visited August 2012
“You have to go here! Great local food!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

This is why I love Tripadvisor! To find local places like this. We live in a major metro so when we travel I like to find unique places to eat. This place was great! We got there at 11 AM and the place was packed. We were seated in 15 minutes and the host at the stand was very friendly. I had the French toast cooked cinnamon roll which was yummy. My daughter had a giant chocolate chip pancake. The menu was huge and everything looked really good. This was by far one of the best breakfast we have ever had on vacation.