“In no way did we experience good food or service”
Review of Riverwalk Cantina

Riverwalk Cantina
Ranked #16 of 236 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
texas
“In no way did we experience good food or service”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We were celebrating a friends birthday. The food was priced for a hotel restaurant, that is fine when the food is good. I ordered a poblano stuffed with short ribs, it was not good and sadly didn't even LOOK good on the plate. My end of the table never recieved chips or a refill on water. Even after asking for water we didn't get any. The waiter seemed overwhelmed. One of our friends never recieved a second glass of wine. The chips weren't even good. I hate to say we will never eat there again. The food reminded me of a frozen dinner. Nothing appeared fresh. Not worth a visit.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank miltex

Bristol, VT
“Fabulous food, great service, wonderful 'Ritas”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Missing the opportunity for a Dine Around at the ABA Marketplace, we found ourselves back at the Gaylord Texan for a late dinner. They were able to seat nine of us quickly, took our orders, delivered fabulous food promptly with a friendly professional manner. My Chicken a la Parilla was beautiful and tasty. Sliced avocado on top of the melted Pepper Jack Cheese with a not too spicy jalapeno rice. Wonderful! Thank you, Katie. Fabulous food, great service, wonderful 'Ritas!

• Visited January 2012
Dallas, TX
“JUST OKAY”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Your restaurant options are limited when you visit the Gaylord Texan. You can opt for rather expensive places, but if you don't want to spend too much on a meal you only have two choices. One is the burgers/wings type option and the other is the Riverwalk Cantina. The Cantina setting is very pleasant and the service is not awful (although it is a little slow). It's the food and the couple of extra dollars you have to pay that made me say this place is just okay. The food is not terribly bad, it's just not that good. For Tex-Mex you would expect a little flavor, but the only thing with flavor here was the salsa. I was expecting something more after tasting the chips and a slightly smokey salsa. Unfortunately, the cheese chile relleno I ordered was completely bland. It even came with ground beef in it (not listed on the meno) and the beef had zero seasoning. The rice was nice and fluffly, but it was NOT Mexican/Spanish rice. It had no seasoning either. The beans had been cooked in beer and that was the only flavor I could taste when eating those. If you don't like a lot of flavor then this restaurant will be fine, but if your taste buds want a little Mex in your Tex then I would suggest finding another restaurant.

• Visited November 2011