“excellent, fresh food”

Mi Dia From Scratch
Reserve with OpenTable
Mi Dia From Scratch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 236 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Capitol Street
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“excellent, fresh food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

I am not even a huge Mexican food fan, my wife is, but this restaurant was outstanding. I had the duck tacos, as recommended by the waiter, and they were fabulous. all the tableside guacamole with bacon was very good. I've been to most of the Mexcian places between Grapevine and Southlake, and this I would put at the top of the list.

• Visited May 2014
Caitlin C, Social Media Manager at Mi Dia From Scratch, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your trip to Mi Dia! The duck tacos are a personal favorite of ours as well! Thank you for taking the time to review.

Pilot Point, Texas
“A Real Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I had heard great things about Mi Dia From Scratch from a business associate that moved to Grapevine, Texas from Ohio, so I had to see if it was as great as he said. My girlfriend and I stopped in on a Sunday afternoon. The restaurant is cutting edge beautiful and the hostess had a smile on her face as big as Texas. We were seated on the Patio which is a beautiful oasis that will transport your senses to a place in upscale Mexico. It took forever however to get a waiter to stop by our table, and forever to get our drinks. We sat tasting chips and an amazing salsa for about twenty minutes. Eventually we placed our drink order and enjoyed two very unique and amazingly tasty margaritas. Things had to get better right? It didn't. Quite some time later, when our margaritas had been empty for some time our waiter returned to take our lunch order. My girlfriend opted for the chicken fajitas and I ordered the cuitaloche relleno. It had been years since I had seen a cuitaloche relleno on a menu, and I hoped it would bring back fond memories of the one I had in Mexico City. Once again it took forever to get served. If you are looking for prompt service this is not the place to go. When our meals finally arrived, the plated entrees looked amazing. True culinary artistry. My girlfriends chicken fajitas were plump and juicy but void of taste. My cuitaloche relleno was horrid. It tasted like canned corn and cheese whiz inside a pobalno pepper. No spices, no distinct cuitaloche corn taste, just canned cheese, canned corn inside a relleno. I asked the waiter if he had ever tried the cuitaloche and he said no. I explained to him that both of our entrees were void of taste and a few minutes later the manager stopped by our table. The manager said he had tried the cuitaloche relleno and didn't like it because it tasted like dirt. Really? Is this the type of response you expect from a restaurant manager. The place was overflowing with people. Maybe they were drinking and not eating. After all, the margaritas were fantastic. The food, not so much. The moral to the story.....don't trust someone from up North who doesn't eat good mexican food to give you a referral to a great mexican restaurant in Texas. We won't be back......

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank TXGarfield
Southlake, Texas
“soo yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

I like this restaurant because the atmosphere is downtown cool--modern decor, a little on the loud side, big windows to outside dining. A reservation here helps--even on a Thursday night. But you can only reserve the inside, outside is first come, first served. And if you have a reservation but want to sit outside, you go to the back of the walk in list when you arrive. Service is great, food is santa fe and mexico city mexican, all fresh and nicely presented. All handmade margaritas with fresh ingredients.

• Visited June 2014
Caitlin C, Social Media Manager at Mi Dia From Scratch, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Annie - We're so happy to hear you've enjoyed your experiences at Mi Dia! Thank you for taking the time to review!
Southlake, Texas
“Mexican with a twist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Excellent! Atmosphere was comfortable yet upscale for your typical texmex joint. Server was knowledgable and very prompt. My husband and I went here hoping for some good food and were not disappointed one bit. Margaritas were handmade with fresh ingredients (and plenty if tequila) and food was simply amazing! We are very particular about Mexican/TexMex and we will return here undoubtably!

• Visited June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Mi Dia! We hope to have the chance to serve you again soon!
“Great service and tasty food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Went to Mi Dia with large group for a friends birthday. Our server was EXCELLENT! She got everyone's order correct even though we were a large, noisy group, and the restaurant was packed. As a vegan, I really appreciated having more than one thing on the menu to choose from! The food was knock your socks off good! Will definitely be a regular customer in the future!

Caitlin C, Social Media Manager at Mi Dia From Scratch, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
We're so glad you and your group enjoyed your experience at Mi Dia! Thank you for taking the time to review!