“A nice twist on Mexican Food”

Mi Dia From Scratch
Reserve with OpenTable
Mi Dia From Scratch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 234 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Capitol Street
Fort Worth, Texas
“A nice twist on Mexican Food”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

WE had a party of 8. At Mi Dia getting an evening reservation for a group this size is not possible. They do not accept them. So, we visited at noon. The food selection is very good, even for the vegans in the group, service was attentive and almost too friendly(could have done without the pats on the back)

The starters were very good. The food was served hot and well presented, tasty. The spicy dishes had good flavor without being overly hot.
We have eaten here a few times and the experience has always been good.

Pricing is a little higher than Tex-Mex but the food is so much better. The food is prepared on site.

1 Thank larry h

Dallas, Texas
“Never disappointed ”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I have gone here twice and the first time I got the pork ribs and they were delicious! The second time I got the steak fajitas. Normally I like my meat with NO pink, but after tasting the deliciousness of the steak I may have to reconsider. BTW the chips are fresh and scrumptious. I would recommend this to anyone who likes great authentic Mexican food!

Caitlin C, Public Relations Manager at Mi Dia From Scratch, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Mi Dia! We're thrilled that you would recommend us, and we hope to serve you again soon!
Midland, Texas
“Modern and fresh!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Read several reviews of this place and they highly recommended it. My wife and I weren't disappointed! We were seated immediately! The booths were comfortable and our waiter was right there ready for us! Service was quick and we ordered the table side guacamole which as everyone else has said is a MUST and it was amazing. I recommend getting it with everything on it and hope you several people to share it with. I had the Pato A La Parilla which was duck contif with a mole sauce. The plating was beautiful and the flavor just as good! My wife had Chicken Tinga which were street style tacos and they were tasty as well. Some of the items were a little pricy, but worth every dime!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank John M
John - Thank you for trying Mi Dia and taking the time to review! We're so glad you were able to find some things you liked on the menu (the tableside guacamole is our favorite too!) and we hope to see you again soon!
Colleyville
“Very good, very different”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Upscale Mexican restaurant with good food and nice people. The taco soap was great and I enjoyed a mix of different food items. Very busy during this time of year. Last trip to Mi Dia was after walking out of flips because of unacceptable service. Since these are sister restaurants maybe the fliped manager of flips could learn a bit from the other restaurants in the family. Great job to the folks at Mi Dia.

• Visited December 2013
Caitlin C, Public Relations Manager at Mi Dia From Scratch, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Robert - Thank you for taking the time to review Mi Dia! We'll hope we'll have the opportunity to serve you again soon! Happy Holidays!
“Manager sat a party of 6 immediately, when others had been waiting upwards of an hour.”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My experience would have been much more enjoyable, except for the fact that the manager, who was assisting the host/hostess staff, decided to allow a party of 6 to be immediately seated because one of the ladies was complaining about the wait (90minutes), and told her friends they would leave once the rest of their party arrived. None of the people waiting up front realized the party was being seated because they claimed they were going to get a drink from the bar, and the manager walked them back there. When my husband and I were seated, we walked straight past the party of 6 that magically had a table. With it being a Saturday night it is understandable that wait times will be long. However, there was a family of four and about 3 other couples waiting to be seated, including myself, and we all had been waiting for at least an hour. Oh, and when my husband and I left, the family of four was still waiting to be seated! I will not be returning to this restaurant. Food was average, and so was the service.