“Margs and Duck Tacos”

Mi Dia From Scratch
Reserve with OpenTable
Mi Dia From Scratch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 240 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Capitol Street
Dallas, Texas, USA
“Margs and Duck Tacos”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

While I don't get out to Grapevine much living in Uptown Dallas, I do on occassion make the trek to Mia Dia for two things: the extensive list of margaritas made from fresh, all-natural ingredients (no BS green "margarita mix" here) and the amazing duck tacos. Also recommended are the sea bass tacos and their version of mexican street corn.

Visited August 2013
Caitlin C, Public Relations Manager at Mi Dia From Scratch, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
SocialChari - Thank you for taking the time to review Mi Dia, we hope we continue to be worth the trek from Uptown!

Edmond, Oklahoma
“Food didn't live up to the atmosphere”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

On a family trip to Great Wolf Lodge, we stopped at Mi Dia first for lunch before checking in based on Yelp reviews. The building, ambiance, lighting, tables were beautiful. From the atmosphere, my expectations were probably higher.

We first ordered table side guacamole, which was delicious. Unfortunately, this is where it ended for me. I ordered a blue margarita, which was OK. Based on their long explanation about how they craft their drink on their menu, I was hoping for more. It was OK. I ordered lunch enchiladas and a tamale with a side of beans and rice. My favorite part of the meal were the beans (which to me is just sad). The main dishes were bland and mediocre. No interesting flavors or anything to write home about. The rice was not good at all. I'm not sure what the style was, but it reminded me of something from a chain like On the Border. My husband encouraged me to douse it all in salsa and the remaining guac to flavor it up.

So the food wasn't terrible, but it wasn't anything special. I am a foodie at heart and when I go to a restaurant, I want to be inspired. That didn't happen. So if you want a more expensive tex-mex with a beautiful ambiance, go here.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank LauraBB
Texas
“Very Fun”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The Sea Bass Tacos looked like they belonged in a magazine photo. And they tasted great. Very fun place on the patio with good food and good service.

• Visited September 2013
Caitlin C, Social Media Manager at Mi Dia From Scratch, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
MalcolmTexas - Thank you so much for taking the time to review Mi Dia! We're so glad you had a good time and we hope you come back and visit us soon!
Seattle, Washington
“Superb across the board”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

On a recent business trip to Dallas, we stopped in this top-rated restaurant near DFW airport. The visit clearly showed that it earned its top rating.

Every aspect of the meal was superb. The atmosphere was pleasant. The service was excellent. Our server was friendly and helpful; she knew the menu and offered great recommendations. The menu offered a creative variety of Mexican and Tex-Mex. The appetizers, the entrees and the margaritas were all very tasty and fresh.

This place is a winner. When near DFW, this place should not be missed.

While we did not need a reservation on a Wednesday night, the place was packed. So, a reservation would not hurt.

Visited September 2013
Caitlin C, Social Media Manager at Mi Dia From Scratch, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Mi Dia! We are so glad we were able to serve you during your trip to Dallas.
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Yummy and Delicious”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Just back from a business trip in Grapevine. We wanted to leave the hotel for dinner and found Mi Dia and decided to try. In the course of a three night trip, we ate there twice.

Great atmosphere. Lively and action packed. The food was delicious. Loved the guacamole and margaritas. The margarita menu was extensive and we wanted to try them all (thankfully we did not)! The carne asada was delicious as well. The ceviche tostada apps were tasty too.

If back in Grapevine I would definitely come here again.

• Visited September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Mi Dia. We are so glad we were able to serve you during your time in Dallas!