“A lot of fun, great group to hang out with.”

Grapevine Wine Tours
Ranked #3 of 14 Tours in Grapevine
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is our second time to take this tour. The first time we did the lunch tour and this time went out on the dinner tour. As with the first wine tour we took, we had a great group of folks to go out with and had lots of fun with them. You have to enjoy tasting wine on this tour, or don't go. There was an unlimited choice of wines at each stop to taste. I recommend trying some you might not have thought you liked before, because you never know. I also recommend pizza at Farina's. The folks who operate this business are very nice and will absolutely go out of their way to accommodate you wherever you stay.

1  Thank Steve O
in 4 reviews
"businesses"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a great time but it was primarily due to our group being fun. Wineries very close together and, as other reviewer stated, put on your walking shoes and do it yourself for half the price. Loved the first two wineries. Third was disappointing as it was the Italian restaurant where you received just 1 glass of wine -- additional at a cost. Food was good but limited menu with only 5 or 6 selection -- 2 of which were sandwiches and one was personal pizza. I had the fish which was great except for that they appeared to have run out and one of our group got about half a serving. Heard pizza was great too but we were expecting a full menu and a meal worth about $50 based on $96 price of tour. (Tax and gratuity included.) Note that this restaurant did in fact have a full menu but apparently the $96 price warranted only a few selections. We waited 25 mintues to get our drinks and were told "no more clean wine glasses" caused the wait. That and the very slow service -- actually out of there well after 10pm -- put a bit of a damper on the end of the trip. But again, we did have fun but very overpriced. Would only suggest this tour if price was reduced. Otherwise, have great time at wineries but walk it!

1  Thank craig h
Reviewed December 12, 2012

with lots of wine tasting in 3 wineries - each winery very different.Staff very knowledgeable. Nice dinner to conclude the evening.

1  Thank allendorf
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We went on the wine tour and just like the other review on here, stopped at SuVino and Homestead and then had dinner at the Italian Restaurant. The tour picked us up at the Gaylord. We were going with another couple that had booked online just like us, but they had no record of them being on the tour this night. our friend luckily had his confirmation email, so the driver had to call and verify he was rightfully supposed to be on the tour that night. The bus was completely full, and now two over the limit, so I had to sit on my friend's lap and my husband sat on the cooler in the back. The driver was apologetic and we know it wasn't his fault. He also had to drop us off at the first stop (Homestead) and then go BACK to Garden Manor to get the last couple that was supposed to be on the tour. So they were 4 overbooked this night. He then had to split us up and run two groups back and forth to the wineries each time. We got preferential treatment for the rest of the tour, and had our own table and a bottle of wine at dinner, but because he had to shuttle so many people back and forth I felt rushed at the 'wineries' and then again leaving dinner. We were also back to the hotel a little after 9 pm, and on the website it states it is supposed to last until 10 pm. As I said before the driver tried to make up for it and blamed it on the online booking, but if you are going to have that as an option they need to work out the kinks. Also a little disappointed with the wineries. Very close together, so not really worth the shuttle. I would go back to SuVino, 4 tastings for $6. So where is that $90 we paid going?! Dinner was nice, but not over the top amazing. All in all it was a different experience for me and my friends, but I would NOT book it again.

1  Thank Dooley4556
See more reviews
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We scheduled a Dinner Wine Tour on the weekend and were picked up promptly at the Hilton Outdoor World. The Tour Bus was large, however the tour was full that day so it was slightly cramped and very warm (given the 100+ degree summer of TX), However, the bus was well stocked with complementary cold water and snacks. The wineries (Su Vino and Homestead, see my reviews on each winery) were very close and the rides were never more 10min from stop to stop. The tour included 2 wineries with unlimited tastings, and dinner and a tasting at Farinas (See my review on Farinas for details of the meal, YUM!). The staff of the tour was knowledgeable and friendly, the bus is locked between stops so purchases can be made at the wineries and left for storage on the buses safely.

My only complaint would be price, the wineries we visited hosted all day tastings of 5-6 wines for under $10, and most were within walking distance. Of course having a driver escort us around town with commentary was fabulous, and I'm sure the wineries were more liberal on their serving "tasting" sizes by being with the tour, however, this tour can easily be reproduced and customized with a good wear of walking shoes for a fraction of the cost.

I loved the customer service and convenience of the tour, it has opened my eyes to some of the best wine in Grapevine and will keep me coming back to the wineries time and time again.

5  Thank MafiaChica