New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine

Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Ionia, Michigan
“Great Service from Check-in to Check-out!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was very impressed with the quality of care delivered by the staff at this property! The breakfast quality of food, variety of food, and the environment was superb! The decor and furniture is beautiful...so warm and cozy. We can't forget the EXCELLENT shuttle service. KUDOS to the management team for employing people that genuinely care about the service delivered! We will most definitely return to this property even if we have business elsewhere in Dallas...good customer service these days is PRICELESS and goes a very long way!!! Hyatt Place Grapevine definitely has the right formula - thanks for a wonderful stay and wonderful memories...

Room Tip: I don't believe there would be a huge difference in any rooms and if there were a problem; give...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Manila
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Good
I have stayed with this hotel for a number of times and mostly I've had good experiences except this time. I've booked a room for 2 weeks and at the time of reservation I was told there were 2 days that have a different rate. I'm fine with that and I was issued a reservation number. It was when I've arrived at the hotel when the front desk informed me I have 3 confirmation numbers to track the different rates. I didn't think much of it and the front desk was kind to modify my reservation to apply the same rate all through out my stay. This is super! :) Oh by the way, they've improved their breakfast selection - there are more yummy choices including mushroom/spinach/cheese croissant, waffles, smoked bacon and apple biscuit to name a few.

The Hassle
And this is when the 3 confirmation numbers come into play. Three different reservation means I have to keep going to the front desk to "check-out" and "check-in" again. The entire process isn't exactly time consuming but just a bit of a hassle as you will receive multiple bills and your room card won't work until you go to the front desk to re-configure.

The Bad
So I thought I only have 3 reservations under my name - turns out there were four! One day before I'm due to check out, I've received another bill but I thought it was an info for me in preparation for my check out the next day. I didn't realize that I have been checked-out again and at 8:30pm (tired from day's activities) I went up to my room only to find out my room card doesn't work anymore. I have to go back down and have it re-configured. I've asked the front desk if I have been checked out again and I was informed NO and that their records show I'm checked-in until the next day.

At 12:12am in the morning I've received a call from front desk asking me who I was and why I was staying in that same room I've occupied for the past few days! I've explained that I was just down there 4 hours earlier and they've reconfigured my key. How can they have missed that? The front desk apologized and hang up and I went to sleep. Another ring woke me up (and we are talking about past 12am!) and front desk told me that I haven't been checked in and that he will go ahead and charge my card. I was too tired to argue.

This defintely ruined my experience with Hyatt. I am a platinum member and I have expected personalized service and better customer experience. I do not understand why my reservation couldnt be rolled-up into 1 when they've adjusted my rate and I am required to check-out and check back in. I do not appreciate waking up during unholy hours for a mistake done by front desk. Even if the front desk made a mistake and was not able to check me in, their records would have shown I've been a long time customer, I am not due for check out until the next day and they have my card on file. It is not that urgent to wake me up!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Recently stayed here for a conference at the Gaylord, which was sold out. Not only was this price more reasonable, but it took less time to get from my room at the Hyatt to the conference center than it would have if I had to deal with the elevator and the long walk at the other hotel. Less than 5 minutes from my room to the conference center! Room at Hyatt Place is much larger and was nice to get away from the conference. And you get free breakfast here! Next time I have a conference there, Hyatt Place is my choice!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Karen S
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

This property is adjacent to the Grapevine Mills Mall and very close to DFW. There is an airport shuttle running every half hour. Allow about 20 minutes to get to your terminal. There are several chain restaurants within short walking distance. I would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 167Traveler
Pulau Ubin, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I have stay 7 nights in this hotel during my business trip in Dallas lately. This property is not very new but the service of this hotel is pretty good. It also provide free wifi. Most importantly it is near the Grapevine outlet mall with good shopping such as Coach, A & F, Levis, Disneystore and etc. Just across the street is the mall.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

I've stayed in a lot of hotels over my time, for being an affordable sister, Hyatt Place is amazing. They actually have a bar that is manned by the same crew that checks you in, which makes it nice. They have always been extremely pleasent and "normal" not "company policy says I say this" which i cant stand. I enjoy normal human conversation when at a restaurant or hotel or any other hospitality bussiness. The shuttle service is accomodating and will take you to nearby stores with no question. The rooms are spacious and modern/up to date. Swiveling flat screen and iPod dock. Breakfast is great, obviously not amazing but c'mon it's included. Bout the same as you'd get from an all inclusive in Jaimaca, good enough, and not extra. This is what I would like to see out of most 100-150 range hotels. So good job Hyatt, this is my first review of any kind, and you got a good one. This specific one has a really great staff, cheers, I'm glad I stayed here.

• Stayed October 2011
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is the third or fourth stay here. It's a very typical Hyatt Place, clean, free, fast WiFi, modern rooms. They do provide shuttle service within a 5 mile radius which was great for the GrapeFest. The problem is that you get different information from different staff as far as how or when the shuttle runs. We were told when we checked in that we should just call down when we wanted to go and that the shuttle was "on demand". We do that and get dropped off at the festival. When it's almost 11:00 pm and we are ready to come home, we call and are told that we've just missed the 11:00 shuttle and the next one will leave in 30 minutes. Apparently the shuttle was on a 30 minute scheduled. Just wished we had known that. They have "upgraded" their breakfast to include some hot items but they've taken away the yogurt. Breakfast area can get a bit crowded but pretty quick service in the morning cleaning tables and keeping the buffet stocked. The hotel is also right next door to the Grapevine Mall, across the street from Bass Pro and not far from the Gaylord Texan and Great Wolf Lodge. Would stay here again but would ask several staff the shuttle schedule before heading out of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple