Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Boerne, Texas
“Wow! Nice place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2008

I wished I would have checked in earlier to take advantage of some of amenities this Hampton has. There is a very nice pool and hot tub. The exercise facility was nicely equiped for a hotel. I chose this property to take advantage of its 24 hour airport transportation. It runs every 30 minutes. The rooms are large for a Hampton and very well maintained. The staff was very professional.
This Hampton is directly off of Bass Pro Drive. Over the bridge to shopping and eating. If you don't have a car, this property offers transportation in the local area. I will definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Very nicely equiped.
  • Disliked — Not walking distance to eating.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank fquinter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2008

We stayed a few weeks ago and the hotel was very nice. Our flight was cancelled and we were very very upset, but thanks to CHARLES, our trip back to the hotel was much better. He was very courteous and nice with us. I could not believe how nice they were with us, specially Sebastian, the driver from Argentina.
When we got to the hotel, the front desk staff were terrific. Sarah and Patricio were really really helpful and corteous. They provided a 5 star customer service.
The rooms were beautiful and the next morning, Cristian took us back to the airport and he drove really carefull.
Thank you very much for everything..!!!!!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Garland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2008

My cousins came down for their first trip to Texas and we all stayed in a suite. Great location--it took us less than 10 minutes from DFW to the hotel. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. Rooms very clean. I was impressed with the ceramic cups, dishes and cooking pots, plus they provided a bag of microwave popcorn which we ate every night. I would recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — We had 5 in our party--they only supplied the room with 4 of everything.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2008

I stayed at this hotel and it was nice but service and cleanliness was not so great. I know people have had good reviews on here but this is what I got. I work in the hampton brand as a housekeeper and when i stay at hotels I inspect the room for myself. I found that there was a lot of hair on the bathroom floor and some in the room it was kinda hard if you just glanced at the floor but it could of beem easily sweeped up. The check in was not the best start to my day. There was only one person infront of me and I am ushally really patient but this was rediculous I was waiting atleast 25 minutes in line. I did not get my wakeup call in the morning and I know I did not sleep through it because I am a really light sleeper. I set the alarm clock in the room though as backup thankfully. When I turned on the jucuzzi bath dirt came out of it. I got thet cleaned up though. One of the front desk girls had a bad attitude with me though because she was on her cell phone at the front desk and she was the only one working and the rudest thing is when I was trying to ask her a question she just looked at me and practiclly yelled at me and said what! I mean what do you mean I needed my fax from the front, she workes there she is on duty and she shouldnt be on her phone in the first place.

The likes I actully had about this place was the high speed internet, 20 something channels, hot breakfast and the 5-12 hour shuttle service but the thing is Hampton Brands have to have that all the hamptons have to.

I f you want a hotel close by that actully has cleaner rooms and better service go to hapton inn and suites Dallas-DFW airport w-sh 183 in Hurst Texas. I have not be in a while but I think the hotel is around 3 to 4 years old and that is pretty new for a hotel. I dont know if they have upgraded their hotel because I have not been their for about 2 months but I think their lobby was upgraded because it is really nice. I love all the staff. Best hampton in that area and 1 thing they have that this one doesnt is a suite shop. It is 0.5 miles from the mall and 1 mile from the water park I loved it and so did my kids.Comparing these two hotels I would give the grapevine 3 points and the Hurst Texas hampton a 5 because they are just great people and I look forward to visiting again. Trust me you wont be dissaponted.

• Liked — lake hampton must haves like internet,ect. but that doesnt really count
  • Disliked — almost everything especially the sevice
  • Stayed April 2008
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2006

Ran down to Dallas for a spur of the moment weekend trip. Stayed at the Hampton Inn, basied on my daughers recommendation, and found the staff to be warm and welcoming. Non smoking room was clean and fresh. We liked the central location between Dallas and Ft. Worth. Good Value in Dallas at $98 a night with a very helpful staff.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2006

We got stranded in Dallas, to our great chagrin, due to a snowstorm that blanketed the East Coast, and picked this hotel from a phone/advertisement board at the airport. Lucky choice!

For $95 a night, we had a king-size bed in a clean, comfortable, truly non-smoking room, full breakfast (including fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, yogurt -- not stale donuts and weak coffee like some of these places), satellite TV, free internet in your room or in their 24-hour business center (which had printers, faxes, etc.), a pool (which was closed for repairs when we were there) and exercise room (nothing fancy, but adequate). The lobby is quite nice, with a fireplace and lots of small tables for eating, card-playing, or just hanging out. Other than breakfast, the only food is a small selection of candy and cold/microwaveable packaged things that you can buy at the front desk.

The best part is that they have a shuttle bus that will take you anywhere in the area -- shops, restaurants, other hotels, back to the airport -- and runs quite frequently. So we didn't have to rent a car, we didn't have to find a place for breakfast, and we had a perfectly lovely 2 days that we didn't want to be in Dallas. If you need to be close to the airport and don't want to spend a fortune on hotels, we'd recommend this one without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2005

Great place to stay! They have everything a traveler needs - great rooms, freindly staff and transportation to the airport and restuartants. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business