“Not great, but decent.”

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Baghdad Province, Iraq
“Not great, but decent.”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I must admit, after having stayed at other top-notch Hilton-owned hotels both foreign (Hilton Al Ain, Hilton Kuwait Resort, Hilton Dublin) and domestic (Doubletree in San Pedro, CA, Hilton Garden Inn in Tyler, TX, plus a Hilton in downtown Dallas whose specific name escapes me), I was a bit spoiled by the VIP treatment I'd received at the above-named locales, so this particular Hampton left me feeling a tad bit underwhelmed.

The staff was nice enough, but at no point, during either my arrival or my departure did the Front Desk staff ever offer to assist me with my baggage. Not that my baggage load was anything that I couldn't handle on my own, but like the saying goes, "it's the thought that counts." Not lacking in friendliness, it's just that the staff didn't leave me the intangible impression of going the extra mile to make me feel welcome that I experienced at the above-named hotels.

Also, at every other Hilton-owned hotel I've stayed at, I received two complimentary water bottles upon check-in as a perk of being a Hilton HHonors Silver Member....no such bennie here.

The gym/exercise room was bare-bones; a treadmill and a coupla stairmasters, no weights at all--not even dumbbells.

That said, the room was clean and cozy, and had good-sized beds, and the lobby was clean and presentable. The Continental breakfast had decent selections in terms of taste and variety, and the kitchen staff was very friendly.

And the indoor swimming pool was quite impressive in size and layout relative to the overall size of the hotel grounds.

So, overall, not the best hotel stay I've experienced, but far from the worst, it's a decent value for the price, and it's certainly convenient in terms of proxmity to DFW Airport. You won't feel spoiled here, but it'll do in a pinch.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Shreveport, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Hotel was very clean and the staff was super friendly. Great location for the different places we planned to visit. Across the highway from Bass Pro Shop and an outlet mall. Free Breakfast was the standard items but all was fresh with plenty of coffee.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Our group stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Grapevine during a visit to the Dallas area to go to a Dallas Cowboys football game. Though we were from Denver, our group was treated with the utmost courtesy by everyone at this hotel, even with our bright orange jerseys on. We enjoyed some good-natured ribbing from the Dallas fans at this hotel.

My wife and I had one of the suites, which had two large rooms including two flatscreens and a junior size refrigerator and microwave. Rooms were large and we had plenty of room to move around the king sized bed. Our suite was very well maintained and was spotless. It was, in my opinion, on the upper end of the mid-priced range, in terms of features, cleanliness, and luxury.

Each morning of our 4 day stay, there was a hot breakfast of eggs, sausage waffles and oatmeal. Other items included ample fresh fruit, juices, pastries, muffins, and yogurt, There was certainly enough there to get up and running for the day.

We had a most pleasant experience and the front desk was very accommodating, even providing
replacement toiletries if they had been forgotten.

This hotel offers easy access to the attractions of Grapevine including a water park, LEGOLAND, dinner theatre, old time train ride to Fort Worth, Bass Pro Shop, and of course it is a rather short ride to the airport and to the football stadium.

Room Tip: Everyone in our group of 30 had similar rooms. No one reported a problem.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cedar Park, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I went to Grapevine to celebrate our 33rd Anniversary. I told him if he would like to go to Grapevine, we could go visit the Bass Pro shop. We looked for a Hampton, which we always stay in a Hampton. We wanted to find one close to Bass Pro and also to the Fellowship Church. We decided to stay in the Hampton on Highway 121 and Bass Pro Drive. Our stay was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and very nice. It was nice to have a "familiar" place to spend the weekend. We would definitely recommend the hotel to friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Cibolo, United States
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My family and I took a weekend trip to Grapevine. We searched the internet for hotels that offered value and location. We were happy to find that the Hampton offered a package deal. That included our rooms and tickets to LegoLand. My kids said that this weeked getaway was "EPIC" because they got to go to LegoLand and had free breakfast! My wife and I loved it because it was easy on our bank account!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Dallas, United States
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My stay was pleasant, the staff were cordial and helpful. The room was ok, nothing special. There were no microwaves and the continental breakfast was below standard. I would recommend for an overnight stay but nothing any longer than that. The Indoor pool closed early but the outdoor pool was available.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Sulphur Springs, Texas
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I booked two rooms at this location on September the 14 2013 for my family. We had returned from Mexico that day and they sent a shuttle for us in a matter of minutes to pick us up at DFW. Our driver was very friendly and helped with our bags and took us to our room. Check in was very quick, our room was great.. we had a jacuzzi tub with other nice amenities. I would recommend the Hampton Suites to every one. This location is great if your if your going on vacation or just for a nights stay !!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family