“Needs Updating”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel probably at least once a year for the past 12 years, sometimes more. Over time there has been limited updating to the hotel so that it is looking a little worn. I had heard they were updating the rooms, but my last stay did not find any real changes. The breakfast is standard Embassy Suites fare but the omelette station seemed better this last stay. Because of its location and size, it attracts a lot of groups, often kids teams so be prepared for some noise. I had to call to get my room cleaned at 4:00 in the afternoon this past stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JRL1108
Joshua G, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you choose our hotel during your stays and continue to return to us year after year. We do apologize for the problems you encountered. We have worked to correct the noise issues by hiring additional security during any times we have large teams in house and we have addressed the timing issues with our housekeepers as well as we do share these reviews with our entire team. We assure you that if you give us another opportunity, you won't be disappointed in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,242)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was a great place to stay for business in Grapevine Texas. The Bass Pro Shop is next door so that doesn't hurt. The restaurant was about like any other hotel restaurant not bad but not that great. Now the breakfast is a different matter it was great not many hotel's can top this one.

Room Tip: In the corner
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Very nice hotel, it is attached to the Bass Pro Shops and Uncle Bucks Restaurant. This was very nice to go get a bite to eat or browse around the store during my down time. Only downside is all the road construction near the hotel that makes travel in/out a challenge.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I love staying at this hotel as it's close to the airport, cook to order breakfast, complimentary happy hour, close to many restaraunts. I like the 2 room suites, so I can have my kids spend the night when I'm in town.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I recently stayed here for three nights...two days attending a business meeting. My first encounter with the hotel wasn't the most pleasant...I arrived at DFW at 9pm and it took 2 calls and 1 1/2 hours to get a shuttle pickup. Apparently the first person that answered simply forgot me. The driver that picked me up was very professional and couldn't stop apologizing. He even offered drink coupons for Starbucks. Checking in was a breeze...room service at 1130pm was fast and the food was tasty. The rooms are well kept and very roomy. My only complaint with the room is the darkness...the lighting could be situated differently. The breakfast was nice and filling...they also offer nightly managers reception. There is a restaurant/ bar on site and also a Starbucks. Meeting facilities were nice and accommodating to our group. The lunch they provided was delicious.

Checkout time is noon which is nice but even with a do not disturb sign out, housekeeping was knocking on our door at 9am on the day we were departing.

The hotel is quiet, convenient to the airport with a free shuttle service and convenient to the freeway. I would stay again when in the area.

Room Tip: Request a corner suite on an upper floor...you will have a private balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I took our granddaughter for a few nights during her spring break. The check in was simple, and our room had just been remodeled and was super. Even though the hotel was full (or appeared to be so), we found the room very quiet. It was exceptionally clean. The only negative was that the mattress was not extremely comfortable. I mentioned that to the desk clerk, and he told me he would be sure to tell management. The managers reception was very nice with snacks different each night. The breakfast was very good; however, it was extremely crowded. We were able to find good restaurants without having to get back on the interstate which was a plus for us. (This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel.)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed here for a quick overnight before heading elsewhere and it definitely met our needs. We were coming in late and wanted a place that we could get food and some drinks on site. Uncle Buck's next door was perfect for this, and they didn't even make us feel rushed even though they were closing up towards the end of our meal.

The hotel itself is a nicer Embassy, nothing too different. We did not get the room type we requested and the front desk staff neglected to tell us that at check-in, so when we got to the room I had to call down to find out that they couldn't move us because they were full. There was some type of outdoors show going on in the hotel that night and possibly a dancing one also because breakfast was jam packed with lots of dance kids, making it tough to find a table and the lines long.

Since we didn't get our bed type room, our son had to sleep on the sofa bed and he could definitely hear lobby noise there even though we were on the 8th floor. Also, because we were out of state we had alerts set on our credit card to be aware of any unauthorized charges. We were notified that the Embassy had charged $50 to our credit card, which we couldn't account for since we had paid in full prior to check in and had not charged anything to our room or while we were there. I had to leave a message (because it was the weekend) with the hotel's accounting department and on Monday they left me a message that they put a $50 hold on our credit card, in case of any charges. That was NEVER explained to us at check-in when they asked for the credit card. I assumed our credit card would be charged if we actually had additional charges, not that a hold would be put on it. It wasn't a problem for us, but it felt shady.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest level you can get if anyone is sleeping on the sofa bed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family