“Nice staff and good location if going to DFW airport”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Stayed here the night before and the night after our flight from DFW. Airport shuttle was great and the Park and Fly option was perfect. Great morning breakfast too.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Monica H, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2011

Greetings from the Embassy Suites Grapevine Outdoor World!

We appreciate your kind comments posted on Trip Advisor. Feedback like yours enables us to share our successes and learning curves with the hotel staff and management team.

If your future travels bring you back to the Grapevine area, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are at your service!

Yours in Hospitality,

Senior Management Staff

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Cleaning staff understands zero English. They forget many things in your room, or might forget to refresh your room completely.

You arrive and are given a welcome letter - has someone else's name on it - TWICE on the weekend.

Complaint to General Manager about poor service and missed services went unanswered. No call back, no actions, nothing.

If anyone at Hilton is reading this, I know you are better than this and your General Manager and related management at staff in charge of this hotel should be forced to retrain on how Hilton Rewards guests are to be treated. When I stay at the Hilton in Times Square or Baltimore Inner Harbor or the Marriott Riverfront in Savannah,GA - they know how to treat a customer. I feel like I am at home at any one of these hotels I mentioned here.

At this Enbassey Suites in Grapevine,TX I felt very much like an unwanted guest. So much so that after two weeks I still have not gotten my email asking me to rate my stay. Guest management must know my thoughts already.

BUYER BEWARE

PS. Rooms were dirty, Internet way over-priced, and beds were dated, felt springs in my backs, and definitely had bugs in my room - mostly in shower and bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank TonyC424
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Nice comfortable hotel. Large comfortable rooms. Good room service. Excellent breakfast buffet. I like the individual omplets that they made for me. Evening happy hours is a nice touch also. I wish they would have an outdoor pool instead of indoor but that was not too big of a deal for me. Definitely recommend for a 3-5 day stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Check in was easy, rooms were very spacious and clean. Each evening there is a reception with free drinks and a small buffet of finger foods. In the morning, there is a free deluxe breakfast. It was wonderful. The room was quiet. The hotel connects to Bass Pro Shop without going outside. The restaurant in Bass Pro Shop (Uncle Buck's) was wonderful. I will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2011

My husband, 14month old baby and i recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights to break a very long journey from Australia to mexico. We were very pleasantly surprised by this hotel - it's ammenities were excellent, the rooms large and spacious and had excellent facilities for the baby, including cribb, fridge, kettle & microwave. IT was also close to a range of food options and we could walk to the mall. THe pool was a big hit too. We had low expectations of this as an airport fringe hotel, but it really was great value for money. The buffet breakfast and happy hour was also an added bonus, and the staff were very child friendly (including face painting and balloons and breaky for the kids! You dont get that in Australia!!)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Rochw77
Reviewed June 27, 2011

This hotel is not your usual John Q Hammons hotel. Our room was a "premium" suite on the 12th floor. It was not what we expected. The room was clean but the carpet and furniture was very tired and old. There were two beds, but they are full beds not queens. The room also smelled very damp and musty. The room was also very warm. It was over 100 degrees outside and we were on the 12th floor, but the air conditioning could not keep up with the heat. THe lobby and downstairs seemed to be in very good condition but the rooms were a different story. The hotel just seems to be an older hotel in need of some much needed updates.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2011

My brother got married over Memorial Day weekend in Grapevine and the venue recommended the Embassy as a place to get a room block. The party and guests booked up every room that they gave us and we all had no problems booking and the booking agent was very helpful!

We got to the hotel a couple hours before check in and I had my 83 year old grandmother with so I asked if we could at least get her into a smoking room (and that id be willing to wait until check-in time) and the front desk clerk was very accommodating and not only got her into a room right away, but ours too!

There was free happy hour from 4-6 every night, the bar tenders were very friendly and they had bar snacks to munch on. It was a great way for everyone to come together and hang out before the wedding festivities.

The room was nice, exactly what it is at every hotel. Clean, large rooms, comfortable beds, it was an all over great trip.

The only thing I would change -- and ive been meaning to write a letter to the hotel about this -- is that they should re-evaluate the way the 9-1-1 function works on their room phones. We had to call an ambulance for my grandmother because she collapsed in her room. When I dialed 9-1-1 it went to the front desk, instead of the 9-1-1 dispatch center. The front desk had to call me back after THEY called 9-1-1, and tried to connect me with 9-1-1 but it couldnt connect. 5 min later a knock on the door and it was a hotel employee with their cell phone with 9-1-1 on the line. It would and should have been a more streamline process, let the rooms connect with 9-1-1 to give the information to dispatch to give to the ambulance, instead of connecting me only with the lobby!

Anyway, other than that -- there are lots of places in walking distance to eat around there and the Grapevine Mills Outlet Mall just down the street too. All very convienant.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family