“Really? This was opening week?”
Review of SEA LIFE Grapevine

and up
SEA LIFE Aquarium Dallas
Ranked #2 of 65 things to do in Grapevine
More attraction details
Owner description: Are you a Shark lover, Seahorse fanatic or a Clown-fish groupie? Perhaps it’s the graceful Jellyfish or our newest family member- the Green Sea Turtle that you love the most. Maybe you simply can’t decide! At SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium you can make up your mind and see them all - from the curious and the rescued to the rare and the enigmatic. SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium offers an interactive, hands-on visit for all ages. A day out at SEA LIFE will leave you with fantastic memories and feeling empowered to make a difference to the underwater world. Take the “Behind the Scenes Tour” to discover the top of the ocean tank and get a closer look at the animals who call it home. You'll see first-hand how the SEA LIFE Aquarist Team prepares food for over 5,000 animals each day!
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am sure that it is different now but when we went as a family on opening week, we were so disappointed. It was super expensive for what we could see and experience. I have not been back and do not anticipate a trip back.

MktgCoordinator, Marketing Coordinator at SEA LIFE Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your visit. There have definitely been many changes, improvements and additions to our attraction, and we would love for you to come visit us again soon. Also, if you purchase your tickets online through our website, you can save up to 25% off the walk-up prices. We have fun things happening this year at SEA LIFE Aquarium that will be posted on our website and via social media channels. Thank you for your patronage and we hope you will stop by again.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

It was an aquarium, the kids werent overly impressed because we were going to Great Wolf Lodge and that was the main attraction. I think they tolerated it.

Thank you for your feedback. We do hope that you will stop and visit us again, we have some exciting things happening in the spring that you and your family may enjoy. Look for details on our website and social media channels, and thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Oh, my, I find these reviews to be too kind! I went not expecting much, but got so much less than that. Please do first find a coupon for discounts online. At least then you won't have quite as much heartburn. I understand visiting this aquarium if you are already at the mall and have kids and need to kill some time. But if you are a true aquarium enthusiast as I am, you will skip this one altogether. It is terribly small and then at least 4-6 of the exhibits were hidden while they were being remodeled on my visit. I can understand the need for that, but because this aquarium is already so small, there should defintely be a discount during this time period. Anyway, I saw many dirty windows into the tanks (other aquariums may have this issue as well, but it's never stood out to me as it did here) as well as the entire place smelled fishy. I have never been to an aquarium that smelled. There are feedings and other extras (they don't cost more) at various times during the day, but I'm afraid I didn't see one during the 20 minutes I was there. I would skip this and just take the kids to a movie across the plaza at the 30 screen theater!

2  Thank FemaleTraveler85

Thank you for your feedback. We value your opinion, and want to ensure our guests have the best visit possible while in our attraction. WIth that being said, we are terribly sorry to hear that your visit was not what you expected. We pride ourselves on making memorable experiences for everyone that walks through our doors. We do take extra care in cleaning our tanks and will rearrange our exhibits occasionally. Please know that we do also offer discounted prices on tickets if they are bought online through our website, and there are always special events and fun things happening throughout the year that are no extra charge other than admission. We really hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Purchase the family pack and any additional tickets needed separate this is the best deal. I would go to this aquarium again and I am considering on doing my sons birthday here. The magnifying glass casings enlarge the view of the sea creatures. They have kids caves to get a feel as though you are in the water with the fish and sharks. The octopus garden was also interesting although we would have liked to see the tentacles. They had a scavenger hunt and a question and answer game which had the kids more engaged in learning about the sea creatures. We had a great time and I would recommend going here over the Dallas Aquarium

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The regular full price for Sea Life is on the expensive side. There are many coupons available for Sea Life. The best value coupon I found was a free kids ticket with the purchase of an adult. You could spend hours in the aquarium reading all the educational plaques. They have an awesome large 360 degree glass tunnel that allows you to see the large sharks, sting rays, and other sea creatures close up.