“nice for lunch”

Dining options: Reservations
new jersey
“nice for lunch”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I love their pizza (a very thin crust)and so many toppings to choose but my favorite is their cheese platter. A great selection of cheese,crackers, dips and fruit. Our server was very attentive.I will return.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bridgetpianos

Little Elm, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Service and Food”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife were visiting Grapevine and wanted to have an Italian Dinner for my 60th birthday, so we made reservations. We had never been to Farina's Winnery and found the service and food excellent. The manager went out of there way to bake a cake for my birthday. They told my wife that they normally don't have cakes for deserts on the weekends, but they made an exception to their policy. I Had the Italian Marinated Steak and it was done perfectly. I melted in your mouth, "Like Butter". My wife had the Grilled White fish and she informed me it was excellent, also. Our Server was very deligent and catered to our every need. I would recommend this establishment to anyone that like Italian. Their wine list is superb, but a little pricey.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ernie1953060
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Have been coming here since the doors opened. Great food, wonderful atmosphere. Original brick walls from a Heritage site. Fabulous wood bar. Owner is great, wait staff always friendly and accomidating.

Visited June 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Wonderful Salad and Pasta”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My friends and I visited Farinas for the first time last night. When we went in, we were told there would be about a 20 minute wait, but there was room to sit at a bar area while we waited. We enjoyed a glass of wine while waiting. One note, one friend prefers beer and they do not have any beer.

After waiting quite some time and seeing several open tables, I went to the host stand and asked how much longer our wait would be. The hostess asked what name we had given her and I told her that she had not taken our name. Oops! She then said that our table was ready right then and seated us at one of the tables. One friend and I ordered the Basil Pesto Pasta with Meat Balls, which came with a house salad. The house salad was wonderful! Excellent dressing! The pasta was also very good and the portions were large; large enough to bring some home. My other friend had the pizza and said it was wonderful.

I will definitely go back, but just be sure the host takes our name if we have to wait.

Visited July 2013
Euless, Texas
“Overpriced and mediocre...not a winning combination”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I went there with a large group of friends so we took over the patio area. Nice enough out there, but I'm glad it wasn't hot outside yet because the tiny fans they have don't seem like they would do much good in the usual Texas heat. Also, very strangely and poorly designed, they led us to the patio through what looked like part of the restaurant's kitchen. Not a great way to start out, in my opinion. After some glasses of wine (not Texas wines as they're not that great) we finally settled into dinner. I ordered the Baked White Fish and my husband ordered the lasagna. He got the soup that came with the meal, and I the salad. The soup (potato sausage something or another) was served in a tiny cup and according to him was lackluster. My salad was a standard dinner salad and totally forgettable. His lunch-sized lasagna was completely overpriced ($16!!) and too salty for both of us. Again, lackluster. The flavor just wasn't there, unless you consider salty an achievable flavor. My fish (also overpriced at $18) was served with sides of overcooked, yet tough asparagus and penne pasta with pesto (say that 5 times fast) and a heaping helping of...you guessed it: Salt. I had to send it back. I got a new one that was now a dried up piece of semi-salty fish and pasta with too much pesto, plus the tough, yet soggy asparagus. I'm no expert on how to make pesto but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't have that much parmesan. I didn't have the energy to send it back again so I picked at some of it and munched on some garlic bread. I ordered the Chocolate Kahlua Cake for dessert because that's the one they make in-house and I wanted to give it a try (hello....chocolate and Kahlua!). It was ok, but nothing that made me hear angels sing or glory at the idea of it costing only $5. Plus the glop of aerosol whipped cream heaped on the side of it didn't inspire me, or any angels.

We actually had a restaurant.com coupon for $25 and this meal still took us for $70. Ok, so half of that was wine....

So we had overpriced, mediocre food, with pretty good service considering the size of our group. Overall I recommend you don't waste your money here.

Visited May 2013